Forum home Babies Baby

Monitor with Breathing detector??

Hi hence the name i am very paranoid and was scared too death of cot death and i am going to be the same again.....

Baby will sleep in our room, but would like a monitor that detects if baby stops breathing. Do they do them and are they good?

Thanks xx

Replies

• we have the angel care movemnet monitor and like you am totally paranoid - i love it - we also had the tommee tippee one for downsrtairs and it is nowhere near as good but still has ok features. I would be a mess without this x
  • we have the angel care movemnet monitor and like you am totally paranoid - i love it - we also had the tommee tippee one for downsrtairs and it is nowhere near as good but still has ok features. I would be a mess without this x

Does baby sleep in your room? Baby is going to be right at the side of me. Could you put the monitor at the side of baby and monitor somewhere else in the room and the alarm would sound of baby stopped breathing?

I am petrified of cot death. Didn't sleep for about a year with my little boy and ended up with Post Natal Depression. Im so scared of it. xx
  • with my first son i got the tommy tippe one (the expencive one) and i found it a god send,my second pregnancy when i found out i was having twins i went out and bought the same one and again it put my mind at ease,they was no interference with them been side by side,you will probably get a few false alarms so if it goes off dont panic,they could have wriggled of the mat or they can go in a really deep sleep so there breathing goes very shallow

sarah
  • with my first son i got the tommy tippe one (the expencive one) and i found it a god send,my second pregnancy when i found out i was having twins i went out and bought the same one and again it put my mind at ease,they was no interference with them been side by side,you will probably get a few false alarms so if it goes off dont panic,they could have wriggled of the mat or they can go in a really deep sleep so there breathing goes very shallow

sarah

It says that if there is no movement after 20 seconds the alarm will sound. Im sure if baby was asleep there would be limited movement. What does it mean? Sorry to be a pain. xx
  • We have the angelcare one which monitors the movement of their breathing, would defo recommend it
  • Paranoid mum they are so sensitive that it means if there is no beathing movements for 20 seconds it will detect this x
  • we have the tommee tippee one and it has been brilliant for us. like you i am very paranoid about cot death too and i don't think i would have slept for the past 6 months without it. we had a few false alarms in the early days with the shallow breathing deep sleeps but other than that no other problems. xx
  • We use the Angelcare monitors for the girls and they are great. We used them in their moses baskets when they were in our room and now in their cots in the nursery.
    The Angelcare monitors detect breathing and an alarm sounds if it detects no breathing for 20 seconds. We have only had one false alarm when the alarm went off and this was because I'd tripped over the wire and it had come loose at the back of the baby unit!

Highly recommend them and the sound quality is really good

xx
  • We also have the Tommee Tippe one and I can`t recommend it highly enough. It is extremely reliable. Only had 1 false alarm in 7 months when he wriggled up the cot.

I have the monitor next to my bed and when I wake up in the night, I can see the green light flashing, so I know he is breathing and it is wonderful!

Sarahx