Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

15 DAYS LATE AND 6 NEGATIVE TESTS - WHAT TO DO??

Hi girlies,

I am so upset right now.

My AF is now 15 days late with absolutely no signs of arriving, which was a promising sign except the damn pregnancy tests keep coming back negative, 6 so far, ranging from cheap asdas own to clear blue digital. I dont know what to do, i have worked out that my next AF if i have missed this one is due on the 27/02/10, so im gonna wait till then and if still nothing will go back to my docs. i went last week when i was 9 days late and she said to wait another couple of weeks, its soooo heartbreaking when you think you might be pregnant and then the tests keep saying no.

If i have missed an af would i still ovulate as normal or would i not ovulate properly till i have had my af? im really confused, and if im not gonna ovulate till i have had an af its gonna be in april before i have any chance of conceiving image, its killing me, everyone at work is having babies and getting pregnant and its so depressing.

I just dont know what to do.

Advice please ladies or summit to cheer me up.

xx :\(

Replies

• Hi lilibet,

You are in the exact situation as me apart from dates are a little different. I am now 4 weeks 5 days late, due my next AF this wednesday. Dr's turned away when i made an appointment when i was a week late, I was told to let nature take its course. Well it still didnt arrive.
    Went to the drs last week and demanded to see a female dr, to see whether i could persuade any answers, It resulted in a blood and urine test which was what i wanted. All my tests have been BFN's but ive been getting faint lines after the 10 minute allocated time on the HPT's. Its almost been a week since my tests, so Im going to ring the drs now for any results.

It was tricky asking for a blood test as the drs keep turning people down telling us to wait as it costs a hell of alot of money to do so. So my advice if you want a blood test is to tell them youve been getting major pains and youve been vomiting, My hubby told me to say it and it worked, If you tell them you think your pregnant, they wont do it, they might do a urine test but even ive heard they sometimes arent that good.

I may not have ovulated, I dont really know. Are you sure you ovulated? Sometimes we can miss 1 AF and its normal, nothing to worry about, but if 2 is missed then its worth seeing the drs.

MPP
    xxx
  • THANKS HUN, ITS JUST A BIT OF A WORRY THATS ALL, AND ITS FRUSTRATING TOO. WELL IF I DONT GET MY AF ON THE 27/02/10 IM GONNA GET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT AT THE DOCS DEFO, AND I'LL TELL THEM THAT IVE BEEN SICK AND HAD PAINS AND STUFF AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. I REQUESTED TO SEE A FEMAL DOCTOR AND SHE WAS USELESS LOL. THINK I WILL JUST SEE MY REGULAR DOCTOR NEXT TIME COZ HE'S NICE. FINGERS CROSSED XX
  • Fingers crossed for you!
    I went to see my regular dr when i was a week late and i took it that it was because he was a male, he wouldnt understand how i felt, i suppose a week late was abit too early to suspect anything, but i felt he belittled me, he assumed i was just wishful thinking, its put me off him completely. I couldnt imagine having examinations done by him when/if i am pregnant.

MPP
    xxx

• well im still waiting ladies - 22 days late for af now and still nothing - caved and did another test last nite and still negative - this is getting silly now, due next af next friday so just gonna wait till then and if i miss that one think im gonna have to go back to docs. ive been getting stabbing pains in my tummy the last few days, like sharp pains on one side and in the middle, its a bit concerning, but i have heard it is pretty normal, and i might be ovulating or summit, maybe i just skipped ovulating last month, ive heard that can happen too. i'm just sick to death of testing to be honest lol xx
  • hi i know you can ovulate with periods and can have periods without ovulating. a year or so ago it took me nine weeks to have a period was nt pregnant though. period arrived the day after i went to see the doc. who told me they would let me go for 6 months before they would do anything for me. i know you have already been to the docs so you now cant turn round and say it s been 6 months though. so im no help im afraid.
  • i'm still gona go coz like i say ive been getting quite bad pains, and if it comes down to it i will go to the hospital, i just wanna know if there is anything wrong, and im not prepared to go 6 months without an af and no tests done to find out why lol, i think it is ridiculous what doctors say these days. i'm sure i will sort something out lol.

Thanks for the advice x
  • Hi hun,
    have you recently come off contraception? It can play havoc with your cycles. Keep going to the docs. I've only had one af in 12 months and was recently diagnosed with pcos. It can be normally to have late periods and at that, very late but it sounds like your cycle is fairly irregular atm. Keep going to the doctors and totally agree with seeing a female doctor- I was finally sent for bloods after 8 months by a lovely female gp. The male kept telling me to go away and af would come- but it still hasn't. All I can say is try not to worry and maybe it isn't a bfp just yet but keep on at those doctors so you can get it looked into xx