Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

:(Argghh i want to cry!!!**old post,updated 18thfeb**

Hi,
I posted on here once before,a couple of weeks ago about when to expect symptoms to disappear after a m/c. I just wish my body would go back to normal,so i know when to expect a period etc etc.
I found out i was 5 weeks pregnant on 5th jan, but i started bleeding the next day,the bleed lasted 6 days,and was like a normal period,without period pains.I tested a week after the bleed started and it was positive, 3 days later i tested again and it was negative,but i looked later and saw a faint line but i'm putting this down to an evap line.
4 weeks ago yesterday the bleed stopped, i still haven't had a period or any kind of bleed since, i still have tender boobs and i can't work out if i am weeing more than i used to or not,as i'm starting to worry if this is all in my head.I also think i am having increased discharge (sorry for tmi),like this morning for example i woke up and thought my period was finally here,but it was just clear discharge,and i don't usually get that.(sorry again for tmi)
When should i expect my 1st period?
I don't know if i should go doctors or whether they will be useless like they were last time,they left me to it,didn't want to see me/scan me despite having pregnancy confirmed at doctors on the 5th jan and just told me to retest like i did.
Argghh i'm sick of wondering,and the people i try to talk to,can't offer me any advice or support.
Just feel so lonely,useless and confused. sorry for the major rant.
Please help if you can?

[Modified by: bump&us2010 on 15 February 2010 19:41:24 ]

[Modified by: bump&us2010 on 18 February 2010 22:18:12 ]

Replies

• unfortunately the only thing u can do is re test, as u were so early a scan would most likely show nothing at all. if its negative u can stop worrying at the discharge probably indicates ov as it's supposed to be clearer and more of it at around ov time. if it's positive i would go back to ur gp, they may be able to monitor the hormones to check they are dropping. hope this helps./ xx
  • Sorry you're feeling so lonely at the moment.
    I had my mmc mid January, and was told to expect my next period in 4-6 weeks, but other people have been told 4-8 weeks i think. I can understand how you're feeling at the moment, there just doesn't seem to be enough support or information provided by the NHS does there?
    Having a period seems like the next step in getting back to normal, and closer to a new pregnancy, i'm looking forward to getting mine for the first time ever! Elli xx
  • Thankyou for your replies image
    I think i am going to have to ring the doctors,have a check over and try and get some advice out of them.
    I know exactly how you feel Elli,can't wait to get it back,and i never thought i'd find myself looking forward to a period.Haha.
    thankyou again x
  • Hi (me again)
    I done another test this evening,a real cheap one from wilko's (twin pack for 1.99,so about as cheap as they come lol) It was a strong positive. Going to book an appointment with doctors and give them a ring asap in the morning,but just wondered what anyone thinks about this?
    Could it still be a positive from my m/c which started 6 weeks ago?
    Or could i be pregnant again despite having no period in between?
    Is it possible that i didn't have a m/c?(i had a period type bleed,with no cramps or pain for 6 days) and could the test i had done 10 days after the miscarriage,have been a false negative?or was the other line there in the beginning and i put it down to evap after not noticing it? image
    I really am so confused as to what is going on,and i know the gp will probably help with all this,but i just need some of your wonderful advice,so i could maybe catch some z's tonight instead of lying awake wondering of all the possibilities.
    Please throw as much advice/thoughts my way as possible
    Thankyou image x
  • it does happen but unfortunately there is usually another cause image there could be a bit of tissue left behind possibly.//. that was the case 4 me, let us know how u get on! xxx
  • it does happen but unfortunately there is usually another cause image there could be a bit of tissue left behind possibly.//. that was the case 4 me, let us know how u get on! xxx
  • Oh mate it's so pants isn't it, the whole not knowing! I still had a +ve for a good couple of weeks after my mc at 11 weeks but this seems a bit of a long time for you and it sounds like you didn't mc or you are pregnant again! Hope so! I guess the best advice is to go to GP and hope that they will maybe do your bloods over a few days to see if the hormone is increasing. I'm sorry they weren't helpful before, I think most 1st trimester losses are like that tho - nobody wants us! GPs know there is nothing they can do at all and in my case the hospital passed me from pillar to post until I finally got to speak to a lovely lady in the EPU.
    Don't be fobbed off and if necessary go to A and E!
  • Thankyou for your lovely reply.It's so nice to speak to people who understand.I will definately give gp a call as soon as they open in the morning.I will keep you updated x
  • Hello, just a little update.Phoned epu, they want to see me quickly but i need a refferal from GP first. The earliest appointment i can get at docs is 11.20 2moro, Grrr more waiting.I know it's only a day but i just want to know what's happening.lol soo impatient of me. :-/
    so that's all i know for now x
  • You must be very confused - good luck for tomorrow. I know what it is like waiting - I hate waiting - so good luck with the waiting as well.
    xxSara
  • The waiting must be very frustrating indeed. I had a similar situation to yourself - I fell pregnant in August 2008 and about 3 days after finding out I was pregnant, I had a miscarriage. I went to South America to get married and wasn't actively trying to get pregnant because of the MC. I had no period after the MC bleed and assumed my period would be due around the 5th September as normal. After a week of no period I tested and got a BFP. The result is now a very healthy and happy 9 month old baby boy. Because of the fact that you were only 5 weeks when you MC'd and you describe your BFP as a strong line, this would indicate it is infact a new pregnancy. I hope you get the answers you want and need tomorrow.x
  • The waiting must be very frustrating indeed. I had a similar situation to yourself - I fell pregnant in August 2008 and about 3 days after finding out I was pregnant, I had a miscarriage. I went to South America to get married and wasn't actively trying to get pregnant because of the MC. I had no period after the MC bleed and assumed my period would be due around the 5th September as normal. After a week of no period I tested and got a BFP. The result is now a very healthy and happy 9 month old baby boy. Because of the fact that you were only 5 weeks when you MC'd and you describe your BFP as a strong line, this would indicate it is infact a new pregnancy. I hope you get the answers you want and need tomorrow.x
  • Hi just another update for you, went docs today and got a scan booked for monday morning.something to do with, wanting to wait till next week because if i haven't miscarried i will be 12 weeks so they want to do "the other things they do at 12 weeks" at the same time.I haven't got a clue what thats supposed to mean. I'm angry in a way that i'm not worthy of a quicker appointment, they just don't care how frazzled my brain is feeling right now.Even the doctor was confused by my situation lol. Roll on monday!x
  • I am bleeding again. I went to the toilet,and had some light red blood in my knickers and when i wiped.(sorry for tmi)This was about half 8ish.I haven't had any more since,but this is what happened on 6th Jan.I don't know what to do, if i ring epu in the morning,i'm scared they will cancel the scan on monday and make me wait another 10 days to do another pregnancy test.I can't go on like this, i need to know what has happened or is happening. :'(

[Modified by: bump&us2010 on February 18, 2010 10:29 PM]

• Hummm... to be honest if that was me I would be tamping - how dare they postpone your scan to save themselves a few quid! How do you feel about it? Very confused I bet! Have you done another test recently?
  • I am ridiculously confused, i done a test monday night and it was positive,and i done the other one tuesday with morning wee and positive again.I went to the doctors on wednesday and thats when i got my referral to the epu and got booked in for a scan on monday morning.
    I've got no pain,and haven't had any pain.I didn't with the bleed 6 weeks ago either. I don't know if i'm coming or going,and i'm just so confused i could actually bawl my eyes out with frustration. Urgghh! x
    p.s sorry for ranting,no1 else to talk to about it so i let it all out here
  • oh bump hun i am so sorry thats the worst part i think is the not knowing what is going on inside of you! good luck at your scan! hope theres a 12wk old babe hiding in there! *hugs*
  • Gosh..... what an awful situation you are in. It must be so difficult not knowing either way..... all I call say is hang on to the slightly positive side to all of this...... you may still be pregnant. Concentrate on that and hopefully it will keep you going till Monday. You cant change anything, soo keeping positive that you may have a little bean will hopefully help you through this tough time.

Keeping everything crossed for you........ make sure you update us all on Monday. Will be thinking of you and hoping for some great news x