Forum home Babies Baby

1st birthday, how to celebrate?

Hi, im usually over in Due in July but its my lo's 1st birthday on saturday and was wondering what you have or will do for babys 1st birthday??
i dont really want to do anything at home as my living room and kitchen are quite small. I will only be inviting family so there will only be my 1yr old, my 2yr old and my 9yr old BIL that are kids all the rest will be grandparents. Any ideas??
Holly 18+6 x

Replies

• We have the same problem with space so were just having the grandparents for tea. I think if you want to go out you could have a meal in a child-friendly pub, give the cake to staff and they'd bring it out after your meal. You could also have a trip to the zoo or an aquarium -we were going to do this but decided to save it for future birthdays when lo is more aware of what the days all about xx
  • We have the same problem with space so were just having the grandparents for tea. I think if you want to go out you could have a meal in a child-friendly pub, give the cake to staff and they'd bring it out after your meal. You could also have a trip to the zoo or an aquarium -we were going to do this but decided to save it for future birthdays when lo is more aware of what the days all about xx
  • You could hire a hall or a room in a pub for a couple of hours. Maybe do a little buffet and hire a bouncy castle or something... xxx
  • yea p.bob i think we might do the pub! at least i dont have to make any food! lol.
    jellybabbys i think were gonna get a bouncy castle in the summer for our big boys 3rd bday!
    Thanks for the ideas!xx
  • how about going to a soft play centre? thats what we're going to do for hollies birthday in a few weeks.
    congrates on number 3,