Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC worries!!

I'm so broody at the moment!!!!

Me & my other half have reconciled after 4 months seperated. We've been together for nearly 4 years. At the moment we're so happy to be back together but obviously some issues to work through.

We have a little one who's 20 months and one of the massive issues we had was my oh never showed any interest in him (we were young when we had him; I was 19, he was 22). But since we split my oh kind of realised what he had lost & now he is brilliant with our son, genuinely, & we're both really broody.

I have a 2 bed house now but we'd like to move to a 3 bed before we have another, & we've seen a lovely one.

We'd be trying in Summer-Autumn time this year as have a wedding to go to in september, & it's abroad, I wouldn't want to be too heavily pregnant when I flew.

I worry a lot about how I'd cope with 2. I worry about how long it would take to conceive, also how lo would adapt, how I would manage getting out of the house and all the everyday things. How do people cope? I like to pride myself on a fairly clean & tidy house & a lo who's mostly happy and clean & fed, sometimes this seems difficult enough, what's it like with 2? Also my lo is an amazing sleeper (sleeps at least 7pm - 8/9am at the moment and when newborn slept 9pm - 5am then went back to sleep till 8 so ive been blessed), but what if I get a terrible sleeper next time??? Im not really good at functioning on little sleep and I'm terrible at waking up early.

There would be a 3 year gap between lo's if I conceived fairly soon.

I'm also wondering - is it worth it to go back on the pill?? Or should we just use condoms? Would 9 months on the pill mess up my cycles & ovulation etc. xxx

Replies

• Hi Young_mum_gone_mad im new to all this am trying for my first so have little information to give to you but i definately worry about the lack of sleep, i like my lie-ins image lol
    i'd prob stick with condoms tho hun as going back on the pill may only mess up your cycle...i came off end of Nov and have been lucky that my periods have returned to what i think is normal but after reading on here others have not been so lucky...
    At least by the time your ready to try, your body will be
    all the best x
  • OMFG.......YMGM or TL as I still think of you when I see your posts.

So much to catch up on. Didn't know you and OH were back together, how did i miss that ? (thought you were kinda seeing someone else !!)
    That's great news and I'm so pleased for you. Has he moved out of his mums, living with you now ?

Also I'm surprised cos you always said you weren't having another. It's fab that you think you might want to TTC again.

All your worries are natural and I'm sure are shared by everyone planning a baby right now. You'll cope becuase you're a good mum and Gabe is a wee star that will love a lil bro or sis.

As for pill, if I'm honest I'd probably start taking it for the next few months. You and OH aren't long reconciled so I wouldn't want you to have "accident" and then split up and you be on your own again. Something to think about.....

I'm lurking in here for inspiration. I'm ridiculously broody but hubby isn't. I could write a great big long post with all my own worries, but I won't.

Anyway, good news about you and A, and hope that you guys are a happy little family right now. Suz xx
  • Nah Suz I wasn't really seeing anyone else - just someone I saw a few times nothing serious - oh & he turned out to be a complete idiot by the way and now I'm back with A I just cringe thinking about it!

I couldn't stand the thought of another until quite recently really - I'm not sure why?

I guess I wanted to have my cake and eat it - be a single girl having fun & be a good mom too, but *and I hope not to offend here** I really don't believe that I, personally, can be both. I'm so happy to be back with Gabe's dad too, I'd forgotten why I loved him so much when we were together.

I think I had to just forget the fact that the friends my age are doing different things, & just move on, and I just couldn't get past that before, i felt quite resentful (not of Gabe, Ive always loved him to bits, of myself for being silly to become a mother so soon) but I think I'm in the right place now to just get over it and accept that I'm a family woman now and you know what I am enjoying it too.

He's practically moved in with me!!!! It wasn't intentional lol!!

• sorry double post

[Modified by: Joey08 on January 12, 2010 01:31 AM]

• grrr BE just ate my reply.
    I must go and get some sleep and I will reply to your post properly tomorrow.

Before I say night night I jsut wanted to say that Im am so happy for you that your oh has changed his mind. Its lovely to read that you, your oh and your lo are a family once again living under the same roof. I know how much you longed for this before you split, so you must be very happy right now. I hope the bond between you all stays strong and that things slowly get worked out for the best between you and A
    At the same time I cant believe Im reading the title to this post either. I hope I dont offend you when I say this, but Im sure you said having children with your oh wasnt something you had ever considered. Also, you mentioned that you didnt think you would have another! How things have changed...Im also very excited for you too image I do hope 2010 brings you both lots of happiness in many ways.

Night xxx
    I must go and get some sleep and I will reply to your psot properly tomorrow.

Before I say night night I jsut want to say Im am so happy to read your post regarding your oh. Its lovely to read that you, your oh and your lo are a family once again living under the same roof. I know how much you longed for this before you split, so you must extremely happy right now.
    At teh same time I cant believe Im reading teh title to this post either. I hope I dont oggend you wehn I say this, but Im sure you said that having children with your oh wasnt something you had ever considered and that you didnt want anymore.
    I must go and get some sleep and I will reply to your psot properly tomorrow.

Before I say night night I jsut want to say Im am so happy to read your post regarding your oh. Its lovely to read that you, your oh and your lo are a family once again living under the same roof. I know how much you longed for this before you split, so you must extremely happy right now.
    At teh same time I cant believe Im reading teh title to this post either. I hope I dont oggend you wehn I say this, but Im sure you said that having children with your oh wasnt something you had ever considered and that you didnt want anymore.