Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Help with ovulation please.

Well the crimbo baby thread got me thinking i would really like a special christmas pressie but i am not sure when i will ovulate.
I had my mc 9 days ago on 14/2/10. I was 7+4 weeks. I stopped bleeding on saturday and had a -ve pt on sunday. We have decided not to wait to try again as the only reason i can find to wait is for dating and a scan can help with that.
So when should i expect to ovulate. what is cd1- when i mc'd or when i stopped bleeding or when i had a -ve pt?????
Can anyone help throw any light on this???
BB x

Replies

• Hi, I'm afraid I can't help much as from reading on here everyone is different and there doesn't seem to be any rules! I had an erpc and had a period 28 days later and ovulated 14 days after that. This is totally text book but my cycles were never like this before I usually had a cycle of 35 days ish.
    There's no correct answer I'm afraid but hopefully you'll get your bfp soon. xxx
  • Thanks rachwil,
    I thought that might be the case with everyone being different.
    Well i guess i'll just have to try lotsimage at least until AF and then maybe it will all be a little clearer.
  • hi hun, i was wondering the same thing. i had a d&c 2 weeks ago this friday coming. i stopped spotting 2 days ago. i havent done any tests yet to see if they are negative (tbh i wasnt sure how id cope if they still showed +), but i might try one today/tomorrow. i have a r/v appt at the hospital on friday so i will ask the midwife then. from other places/posts ive seen people count cd1 as from the day u start bleeding, or the day of the d&c in my case. ill let u know what im told at my r/v if that would help. xxx
  • hey, it totally depends on your body, i took 5 weeks to ov after my mc, was a total nightmare of a wait but some ov bang on cue! after this first cycel your body should settle down a bit more. i say a bit because mine took a few cycles to even out and were longer in length at the start but gradually got shorter to what was 'normal' for me before. xx
  • hey, it totally depends on your body, i took 5 weeks to ov after my mc, was a total nightmare of a wait but some ov bang on cue! after this first cycel your body should settle down a bit more. i say a bit because mine took a few cycles to even out and were longer in length at the start but gradually got shorter to what was 'normal' for me before. xx
  • It's so hard to predict - my first MC, it took 7 weeks for my first AF, but the 2nd one only took 5 weeks. The best thing to do is to look out for things like EWCM to help work out if you are or not.

Hannah xx
  • just thought id share what i was told at the hospital today - the midwife said i should expect af mid-march (had my d&c on 12th feb, stopped spotting about the 22nd) and she said i would ovulate in between now and then. although she advised waiting to ttc until after 1st af to make sure that is all normal (although i might get a heavier bleed the 1st time). I guess everyone is different, and our bodies dont always do what they are meant to though. xxx
  • Thanks everyone.
    Pretty pink thank you for sharing what the midwife said.
    Dont think i can wait until after 1st AFimage.
    Think i will just go for it and hope for the best!!
  • That's my feeling too balou, I'm not going to actively ttc but there's no way I'm preventing it, I'm just going to hope my body knows when I'm ready and get me to the finish line this time. Good luck.
  • hi i'm new to this site, this is my first post. i had a missed miscarriage at 11 wks, the baby only measured 6 wks, i miscarried naturally on christmas day 2009 and 33 days later had af. Since then i have been using first response daily ovulation tests and even though i am now on day 31 of my cycle i have still not ovulated. can anyone shed any light on this, before the mc my af was every 28 days without fail.:\?
  • Hi baloubear, i am in the same boat, had my ERPC on 13 Feb and still bleeding but seems to finally be slowing down today so fingers crossed. I want to try again straight away but have no idea when to expect to ovulate. I did do a test on Monday and it was negative so I guess until that comes up positive my body wouldnt ovulate?? Mind you I have heard a lot of people seem to get their first AF around 28 - 35 days after their first day of bleeding

Jacqui
    xx
  • waiting4baby, we're the same. although she said to wait im sure the only reason is cos of dating, so we are not going to prevent us concieveing, but we are not going to actively try (ie. use ovulation tests etc) until after 1st af.