Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Think I'm leaving you all.... :(

Hi girls

Well, I think it's probably best that I leave you lovely girls. My hubby doesn't want to be stuck to certain times to conceive (as in we need to BD the next couple of days), even though I've explained it's only a very small window that I can actually get pregnant and I know I'm going to start stressing out, so I'm thinking I might as well give it up as a bad job.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your help and advice and would like to wish you good luck in your journey. Lots an lots of baby dust to you all.

V xxxxx

[Modified by: Vicsy on 02 March 2010 16:28:46 ]

Replies

• Hi Vicksy

My OH gets stressed out and doesn't want to know 'when we should BD' so all I do is come on here and chat to the girls and when its around the right time I simply make sure that we BD! he is none the wiser (and not stressed) over it and because I can come on here and talk to others in my situation I don't get stressed either!

Obviously you must do what you think best - but we'll miss you! xx

baby dust xx
  • It'll be a shame to see you go hun xx Maybe pop on here once in a while for a quick chat and let us know how youre doing. You never know if you let things take their own course then you might get your BFP anyway xx
  • oh that's a wee shame that you feel that way. Like the others I come on here to try to avoid stressing oh out too much. He certainly couldn't cope with the analysing of diff sypmtoms etc that goes on on here. lol!

Best to do what you feel is right though, just remember BE isn't going anywhere and all these lovely ladies will be here for you if you feel like popping back!

Take care x
  • oh that's a wee shame that you feel that way. Like the others I come on here to try to avoid stressing oh out too much. He certainly couldn't cope with the analysing of diff sypmtoms etc that goes on on here. lol!

Best to do what you feel is right though, just remember BE isn't going anywhere and all these lovely ladies will be here for you if you feel like popping back!

Take care x
  • Oh Vicsy that is so rubbish! I know that lots of men don't like the 'clinical' approach to TTC and would rather just see what happens so you are not alone in that one.
    Can you talk to him agian and tell him how important it is to you? I have read a few other threads on here over the last few months where the same thing has happened but the husbands didn't really understand it from the womens perspective. Could you sit down with him and have a really good talk about it the whole thing?? Does he really understand that getting pregnant is much harder then we all thought?!

Like the other ladies have said you need to do what is best for you both but maybe you could find a comprimise with him?

good luck and pop back to let us know how you are getting on,

Big hugs

xxxx
  • I so know how you feel.

Me coming on BE is like a secret addiction - couldn't possibly let husband know! He's very much like you're other half as I know that if I mention ovulation or babies I will totally turn him off! I've therefore gone for the approach of initiating regular BDing throughtout the month so that he doesn't know which days 'count' - so to speak! He also does not seem to understand (or maybe want to understand) that you can only get pregnant are certain times of the month - coupled with the fact he thinks we'll be able to get pregnant on 'demand'! He's got a lot of learning to do!!!!

It continually feels like a secret - but this is the most stress free way for us both - he wants a baby but just doesn't want all our bedroom activities to be focused on this end goal!