Forum home Babies Baby

teething or reaction to jabs?

hello ladies

jacob had his jabs on monday and since he has had really red cheeks and has been really really grumpy, i expected him to be grumpy the day after but not still, could he be teething this early or could it be related to the jabs?

becca and jaocb
8 weeks, 6 days

Replies

• prob jabs hon. ava was a grotbag for a full week after one set of hers! bless her. has he got a temp?
  • no just really flushed cheeks
  • it may be worth trying some calpol? I know when i had my flu jab recently it made me feel headachy and generally rubbish so he may just be feeling a bit off afterr his jab? if you try a half dose (is he old enough?) it should help wether it is jabs or teething?
  • i gave him some after the jabs and yesterday x
  • hope hes feeling better soon x
  • I have had the same problem. Abigail had her first lot of jabs on Monday, but she has been off it for a week now and doing lots of dribbling and chewing her hand. Just given her some Gripe water today to find she has 2 white bumps in her lower gums, Can they start teething this early, she is only 8 weeks and 4 days.

Kelly
  • hes a bit less grumpy today but still has red cheeks and has strarted to knaw on his hands?
    number1 i will have to take a peak and see if i can see anything!
  • The bumps are at the front on her gums in the middle if this helps