Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

WITHDRAWAL METHOD

HI LADIES

JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS USED THIS METHOD BEFORE ? AND HOW SAFE IT IS ?

I WANT TO START TTC BUT IM OFF ON HOLIDAY IN 3 WEEKS, THIS WAS OUR LAST BIG BLOW OUT HOLIDAY BEFORE HAVING A FAMILY, ANYWAY I STOPPED TAKING MY PILL ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO AND WE HAVE BEEN CAREFUL SINCE THEN, ANYWAY LAST WEEK WE BD USING THIS TECHNIQUE AND I WAS ON CD14, NOW I HAVE SOME SYMPTOMS AND JUST WONDERED IF ITS POSSIBLE TO BE PREGNANT. I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON IF I WAS, I DO THINK IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THOUGH.

CAN ANYONE HELP ?

MOLLY XX :\?

Replies

• yeo deff possible as men actually leak sperm before the ejaculate,hence why any doc says its not a form of contraception chick xx

only thing to do is test i suppose x
  • men leak before the ejaculate, plus men have very little (bless em) self control and so its never easy to withdraw at the very moment.

You can only test, as grudie says, xxx
  • agree with the above, its possible to fall pregnant when using any form of contraception but withdrawal is one of the lower % of actually working...the only 100% form of contraception is not doing it lol, so always a possibility...as the ladies said, wait til af is due or late and do a test xx
  • thanks for the replies, ill just have to wait and see, your mind def starts playing tricks on you with the symptoms !!
  • As everyone is saying, not really much of a form of contraception. However, considering how long it's taking most of us who are actually trying, pregnancy is not massively likely. Remember, even if sperm and egg are about at the same time there is okay about a 25% chance of pregnancy.

Have you been tracking your fertility, using temperature etc? This might help you see if you did ovulate at the time.

plus men have very little (bless em) self control and so its never easy to withdraw at the very moment.

Correction, men are *allowed* not to have self control. Its one of the myths that society perpetuates that allow men to continue to have affairs, commit sexual assaults if the woman was dressed/acting a certain way and all those type of things, because we pretend it's part of their programming. Men no more need to have sex or to orgasm than women. The difference is men don't have to deal with the outcome of what they do. (sorry, have a tendancy to soapbox on anything to do with the idea men have uncontrollable sexdrives)

But yeah, basically there is a good chance a bloke will leave it too late to prevent at least some of his ejaculate ending up in, on or around the ladies genitals. The stuff doesn't exactly flow in a sedate, controlled manner from man's bits.
  • i think what she meant was when they've got to cum theres nothing much they can do to stop...i no my hubby has o control over that x
  • men leak before the ejaculate, plus men have very little (bless em) self control and so its never easy to withdraw at the very moment.

You can only test, as grudie says, xxx

hahaha i lke the 'bless em', yes do a test hun, it is possible!?:lol:
  • yeah ive been tracking dates and this was def my time !! i wasnt sure if the "signs" were just my mind playing games, is it to early to have symptoms ? i def have been feeling sick and really tired, oh im driving myself crazy image
  • hi!just thought i'd comment as i have a certain amount of personal experience with this method, be careful, you can 100% get pregnant using withdrawal xx
  • It's how I conceived my DD lol. x x
  • hello gc to say me and hubby did this when i ov before ttc and were fine. we only got pregnant when we intended to! but i'd agree not a reliable method, but we didnt mind if we got pg.