Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

SMEP??? How does it work?

Keep reading about this but what do we actually ahve to do? Ta!

Replies

• Hi trying82,

I copied and pasted the SMEP plan onto a word document on my desktop when I read the original post a few months ago! Here it is

The Plan

* "Try" every other night starting Day 8 ???????

* Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks ???????

* Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 ???????

* When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row ???????

* Skip one night, then do one last "try" ???????

* Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun ???????

* If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Statistics coming in from the bulletin board show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

Hope it brings you your BFP. xx

Edited to put some spaces in to make it easier to read! image

[Modified by: **MrsR** on March 09, 2010 11:14 AM]

• Thanks MrsR will give that a try!
    Sounds like hard work....xxx
  • Which OV sticks would you recommend??
  • I just use cheapies off Amazon. I know some ladies on here don't like them but I've never had any problems with them and they're sooooooo much cheaper than CBD! xx
  • thanks just ordering some!
  • http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Here's the link to it, it worked for me!! I got 2 BFP's in a row, 1st was mc at 5+2 and then another the following month, i'm now 10 weeks!! I also used the amazon cheapies and they were fine for me. Good luck xx
  • I loosly followed it this month (couldn't keep up with every other night as I was about CD40 before I got a positive OPK lol) Also didn't get to do the 3rd night as I had to go away with work, but I've been getting very positive symptoms so far. x

I also used the cheapy OPKs and got positives, but started to doubt them and ordered the digital ones too! They are still sealed at the moment as waiting for AF or BFP!
  • can u do it every night...or is there a reason not to do it that much? xx
  • can i ask is this just for ladies who have miscarried in the past? x
  • I was thinking of trying the SMEP method this month as the month we conceived our son we bd every day for 11 days and by the end of it we were sick of each other because we weren't always in the mood!! This seems slightly easier...

Strangely enough I ordered some of the opk's off amazon last night - they are the same as the ebay cheapies!

Good luck everyone x