Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Wayyyyy TMI...

ok i think i'm getting my first AF since all my problems...started bleeding this afternoon but it started with what i can only describe as (really sorry about this) thick stringy grey skin! it doesn't smell or anything but it's just odd...any idea what this could be?! x

Replies

• Hi. How are you getting on? I'm not sure of your story so can't really comment but sounds a little strange. Hope you've got ur af now.
  • I was going to ask the same thing. I too am having what I really think is my first AF since MC on the 4th of Feb. Think it started around Saturday/Sunday. It is kind of like a real heavy AF, but I am having one really heavy episode of bleeding, that is soaking through a tampon and then just like a normal period for the rest of the time, the heavy bleed can be either during the day or night, after that it seems to settle down to a normal flow (sorry TMI). There have been a few small clots also, but I was told to expect this anyway. I also get really strong tummy pains when I am having the heavy episode. I haven't really stopped bleeding properly since my op, which is 5 weeks tomorrow, but the bleeding has got alot heavier after almost stopping, which is why I think this is AF!!!!!! My normal AF is very light and only 3/4 days. It is such a pain as I have to keep checking that everything is ok when I am at work!!!!!

Anyway, just to say that I think your first AF is always going to be an odd one, suppose the body has been through alot it is trying to get back to normal. I am going to leave everything now until Saturday as it should have stopped by then, if not going to go to GP. Hopefully I wont need to do this.

Hope everything gets back to normal for you. Anyone else got any adivice about first AF?
  • Sorry MrsJBourne I cant be any help, I am waiting for my first AF too. Why is nothing ever straight forward??! I had a three days no bleeding but started spotting again last night so wondered if period is coming, I am also really moody!!

Let us know how you get on, fingers crossed it is your first AF and then you can start to feel back to normal again.

Take care

Jacqui
    xx
  • erm... yuk! lol, sorry, it could be possibly some left over 'tissue'... at a guess, i had an AF after my mmc, i knew it was def an AF cus i OV'd and then AF appeared 14 days later and then after that i passed some left over tissue, thought to be womb lining that was quite stringy... my doc said not to worry as it didn't smell or itch or anything. xx
  • erm... yuk! lol, sorry, it could be possibly some left over 'tissue'... at a guess, i had an AF after my mmc, i knew it was def an AF cus i OV'd and then AF appeared 14 days later and then after that i passed some left over tissue, thought to be womb lining that was quite stringy... my doc said not to worry as it didn't smell or itch or anything. xx
  • i'll see how it goes, thanks for the replies. seem to have full flow AF now so fingers crossed my body is semi normal lol! x
  • So glad things are finally 'getting back to normal' hun. Hope you are ok? Not long to go now til the big day! You all set? x x x x
  • hey hun, 10 days to go!!! i'm feeling pretty chilled now AF is here, was dreading her showing up around the wedding and having to go the loo all the time in a white dress - not good!! really looking forward to going away, just wanna chill out and dolphin watch image x
  • Even better then hun image No one wants to have af on their wedding day or honeymoon for that matter! Where are you off to? Hope you have a fantastic time hun! Are you taking Jensen too? x x x
  • we're going to Gibraltar and yeah he's coming with us - wouldn't be the same without him image x