Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Just Wondering How Everyone Is?

Hi Girls, just wondering how everyones doing? Hope you all gor thru Sunday ok? To be honest the day wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, I think the build up was much worse.
I've got my 20wk scan on Friday. I can't wait in one respect, but at the same time i'm a bit scared incase somethings wrong. I wish I could go back to the way I was before we lost Ryan. I used to be so excited going for scans and the thought of anything being wrong never entered my head. Now i'm the complete opposite, and even tho I keep trying to tell myself not to worry, it doesn't seem to be working!!
Take care all, Luv kathryn xxx
P.S. Just wondered if anyone knows where I can get a nice memory box from as I still havent got one. I havent really got that much, mainly photographs and cards that people sent, but it keeps playing on my mind that they're still sitting in the wardrobe!!
Thanks x

Replies

• Hi Katy,
    I did a long reply to you earlier and BE at it!! grrrrr!!
    I'm doing ok at the moment. I'm the same as you on the scan front, I've got my 12 week scan next week and although I can't wait to see the babies again i'm worried sick!! I don't know why as i'm getting all the symptons, in fact the sickness has kicked in the last 2 weeks and sore (.)(.) etc...
    You shouldn't worry yourself about the scan, they should be extra vigilant this time around and i'm sure you'll be having extra scans this time round too. If you have any problems like you did with Ryan then at least you know they will find it this time and you will be monitored. And I know exactly what you mean about not being able to get excited, every now and then we get a little excited, but it soon gets pushed to the back of our minds as we don't want to risk falling in love with another baby only to have him snatched away. It's not bloody fair is it!!

With regard to the memory box i googled it and a few sites came up that sell them. I actually got given my box by the hospital, they took photo's and hand / foot prints and wrote out a little birth & blessing certificate for Ewan. I presumed this was standard practice at most hospitals. I'm really sorry you didn't get this as it was a lovely touch. I still have Ewan's ashes in my bedside drawer, i'm on the lookout for a little bottle / casket to put them in so they will fit in the memory box.

I hope all goes well for you on Friday, make sure you come back on and tell us how it all goes xx
  • Hi Jackie, hope all goes well at your scan nxt wk. I can feel the baby moving around now so that helps knowing he or she is still ok. I have bought one of these heart monitors, just from Argos. Haven't tried it yet as it said to use from 20wks onwards.My friend told me not to as she said if I can't find the heartbeat with it i'll probably have a fit!! She's right but I still want to try it out. It just means if I can't feel the baby moving its either going to reassure me or send me over the edge!!!!
    We did get a memory card/folder from the hosptial with a picture of Ryan, his hand and footprints and a lock of his hair. The midwife who delivered him did it all for us. She put some tags and the tape measure she used in aswell. We got a blessing certificate, and later when we met with consultant for the post mortem results he gave us some more photos in a little card. I just want a nice box to put everything in. I did see some on a website a while ago but the boxes were huge and I just thought my bits and pieces would look lost in them!!
    With regards to hospitals its amazing how much they differ depending on where you live. I'm in the North East between County Durham and Sunderland, so I could have gone to either the hospital in Durham City or the one in Sunderland which I decided on. I'd had my son Anthony and daughter Franchesca there so I thought it would be nice to stick to the same one.
    I wondered if you know yet if your twins will be identical? I don't know anyone with twins so haven't got any knowledge regarding being pregnant with them. I can imagine you are probably more tired though?
    Take care, Luv Kathryn xxx
  • Hi to both of you, I wish you both so much luck at your scans, I have my 20 week one on 8th April and due to the fact I miscarried a couple of days before my last 20 week scan with Ian I can't let myself believe I will get there this time! I hate the fact I'm like this, when I was pregnant with Ian I was so excited and looked forward to everything, with this pregnanct I take each day as it comes and can't see past it! Both of you make sure you let us know how your scabs go, I'm sure they will be perfect, god knows the ladies on this forum need some good luck! Xxx
  • Hi Becky, hope you are ok? I know exactly how you feel as I am exactly the same, and I think most women would be during pregnancy after losing a baby before.
    I am a really positive person although I do tend to worry alot. So even though I am trying to be positive about this new baby I keep thinking its best to fear the worst, and then I won't be setting myself up for a huge fall! It's daft really, why shouldn't everything be ok for us, i've had 2 healthy pregnancies before so I know its possible.
    When I was told i'd be having more scans this time around I was pleased, but to be honest i'm dreading each one now.
    I was wondering if you got any answers as to why you lost Ian? It seems more and more like they never really have a definate answer to anyone, just maybe this or maybe that!!
    Take care, Luv Kathryn xxx
  • hiya i am doin good thanx am gone 32 weeks now
    so far soo good , and so near yet so far ! the closer the due date the more i relax but at the same time the more i panic if that makes sense! couldnt bear anything to go wrong now! the end is in sight ....
    am feeling huge have put on lots of weight !.. trying to eat healthy now !
    mothers day was good 4 me lots of little pressies off my daughter, my angel or baby im carrying now didnt get me a pressie or was mentioned, but kinda glad as it would have just set me off!
    baby was head down at last midwife appt tho not engaged, gonna start my rasberry leaf tea in a week or so and start taking evening primrose oil too to help with the labour ...... i keep thinking i should be scared but im not ! and i dunno why ? lol my last 2 labours have been quite quick anyway so hoping the same this time round ... everyone seems to say 3rd labours are unpredictable !
    kathryn.. good luck 4 ure scan on friday ... r u gonna find out the sex?
    has anyone been watching one born every minute ?... im too scared too! dont wanna frighten myself if i aint scared already
    take care everyone keep us updated on scans etc
    cant wait to hear if dotty jackies twins are identical or not xx

Lisaxxxxx
  • hiya i am doin good thanx am gone 32 weeks now
    so far soo good , and so near yet so far ! the closer the due date the more i relax but at the same time the more i panic if that makes sense! couldnt bear anything to go wrong now! the end is in sight ....
    am feeling huge have put on lots of weight !.. trying to eat healthy now !
    mothers day was good 4 me lots of little pressies off my daughter, my angel or baby im carrying now didnt get me a pressie or was mentioned, but kinda glad as it would have just set me off!
    baby was head down at last midwife appt tho not engaged, gonna start my rasberry leaf tea in a week or so and start taking evening primrose oil too to help with the labour ...... i keep thinking i should be scared but im not ! and i dunno why ? lol my last 2 labours have been quite quick anyway so hoping the same this time round ... everyone seems to say 3rd labours are unpredictable !
    kathryn.. good luck 4 ure scan on friday ... r u gonna find out the sex?
    has anyone been watching one born every minute ?... im too scared too! dont wanna frighten myself if i aint scared already
    take care everyone keep us updated on scans etc
    cant wait to hear if dotty jackies twins are identical or not xx

Lisaxxxxx
  • Hi Lisa, glad you are ok. Not long to go, it will probably fly by for you. I am not scared by labour either, although the last one was extremely painful, maybe because of the situation, as I was 37wks and already knew my baby had died. I was told I would get all the pain relief I wanted, but as it was too late when I arrived at hospital I didn't get anything. Well, they did give me a pethidine injection but that didn't kick in til after Ryan was born!! Have you had an epidural before?
    I have been watching one born every minute. I wouldn't dare let myself be filmed in labour, they must be crackers. Its quite funny actually, there are some strange characters. My OH always asks if i'm going to be watching the torture programme as you would think the poor women were being totrured from the screaming!!! When I had my 1st 2 children I never made a sound, but with Ryan I screamed the place down!! (it helped anyway!)
    I have been calling my bump Verity, God knows why, so maybe its a girl this time. We were so pleased we were having a boy last time, especially my OH Darren, as he hasn't any children. But this time i'm not bothered, as long as my baby is alright. Darren wants to know so we will be finding out the sex at my scan on Friday, thats if they can see!!! I'll let you all know the outcome.
    I had to laugh at my son, he said not to tell him if its a girl (he says he can't cope with another sister!) but then if I don't tell him then that means it must be a girl, the daft bugger. My daughter wants a sister, so she can do her hair!! With Ryan she kept saying she would have to put a wig on him!!
    Take care all, Luv Kathryn xxx