Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Oulation Tests after MC?????????????

Just after a bit of adice really. I had my MC on the 4th of Feb, 6 weeks ago. I got a negative PG test after 4 1/2 weeks and am eventually returning to normal. I want to use OV tests to try and sort out my cycle, however I have done 4 tests over the last two weeks and each one has been a strong positive, which I know cannot be right as you don't oulate for two weeks or baby making would be easy!!!!!!!

I read the instructions and it says a recent PG can affect the results, just want to know how long it will be till I get an accurate result. I used Superdrug own OV tests.

Anyone had the same sort of thing?:\?

Replies

• Did you have your first af yet? I waited until after my first af and started opk's around cd9 (as i'm a 26 dayer), i got my first +ve on cd13 and then on cd14.

Now with the type of opk's I was using a +ve means the 2 lines are exactly the same color/intensity and not just visible, a test line that is visible on my tests is not a +ve, it only becomes positive when the test line and the control line are the same colour or the test line is a deeper colour than the control line, indicating the surge in LH, you will see faint lines or less intense lines everyday as LH is always in your system unlike hcg, which is only there if pg. I don't know how the SD ones work though? Do you think you may be reading them wrong?

Sorry if this deosn't help much.....Someone who uses the SD ones could probably advise better.
  • hiya! my doctor told me that if i was to have sex then id have to be careful if i didnt want to have another baby so soon because after a miscariage you can concieve withing the first 2 weeks!!! so if youve been having sex then maybe you could be pregnant again! your more fertile in the first 3 months of having a miscarriage and my best friend became pregnant within 4 weeks of her miscarriage..... xx
  • hiya! my doctor told me that if i was to have sex then id have to be careful if i didnt want to have another baby so soon because after a miscariage you can concieve withing the first 2 weeks!!! so if youve been having sex then maybe you could be pregnant again! your more fertile in the first 3 months of having a miscarriage and my best friend became pregnant within 4 weeks of her miscarriage..... xx
  • Hi 3054 have you read the 'impatient' thread started by Yummymummy1989. It makes for interesting reading, Prettypink had posted loads of info about when AF should arrive and why you may be getting positive OV tests.

Go have a look if you havnt already

Take care

Jacqui
    xx

• 3054, i personally had no luck with the ov. sticks if i dont get my bfp this cycle then i start my new cbfm next cycle. i also had the sticks with the two lines and i could never get a high or atleast couldnt tell the diffrence in the high and lows?? sorry for not being able to help
  • Still none the wiser....... I had checked and re-checked that I am reading the test right and I am, my test line is much darker than the reference line, so the test is saying I am Ovulating.......... Did another test, not with FMU and still positive, cant work out why the tests are saying I am ovulating, its been around two weeks now where I hae been getting positive tests!!!!!!!!! Anyone know what this means?