Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09

Behavior!

Was just wondering how all of your little ones are behaving now they are 1 / nearly 1? Lily has always been really placid and easy going but these last few days she's been getting more and more petchulant, she screams her head off if she doesn't get her own way and we certainly don't want to encourage that sort of behavior but I'm not sure she's old enough to understand what she's doing and what's going on!! Xxx

Replies

• Hi Jenny_Bunny,

Nina is the same. She has been displaying divaish tendancies for a couple of months now, but it seems to have escalated over the last couple of weeks.

Like Lily, she will scream if she doesn't get her own way, stomp and wave her arms about. One of our biggest problems is getting her back in the pushchair after she's been out. She screams to draw as much attention to us as possible, then stiffens up and pushes her self down.

I try to take it with a pinch of salt and generally try not to jump at her every whim. It's just the public tantrums that get to me. But I don't think they understand too much about socially acceptable behaviour at the moment so will worry about it later. My son is 2 1/2 and it's only really been about 6 months since I have been able to reason properly with him. And that's only if he's in a reasonable mood. Sorry!x
  • Max is also starting to assert himself. He kicks off about anything that restrains him-being strapped into the pram, having his bib on, lying down for a nappy etc,I just ignore him and get on with it.

The other thing I've started doing is if I say no and he does it again, I sit him in the corner (he doesn't stay there for even a second but hopefully he gets the idea!) , the only thing I do this with at the moment is when he's pulling the leaves off my plant (it's the only one I've managed not to kill so I'm very proud of it!) , I've told him no a million times so I physically sit him in the corner xx
  • Yup, we've had the same!

Zach was 1 last week but for the last couple of weeks he's been whinging if I don't pick him up immediately, not wanting to go back in the buggy, arching his back....! A sure sign of things to come!

My parents had him recently for 5 days as we were all ill and struggling to recover, and my dad said he was very naughty (I don't think a 1 year old knows what naughty means!) and my step mum says he's very strong willed! Apparently Pisces are very laid back until they don't get their own way! Fun times ahead!