Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I am absolutely disgusted

I've just been up town and i couldnt believe it when i saw this bloke (a rather chavvy bloke) picking up, what i can only assume is his, a child with a fag hanging out of his mouth. The smoke was going all over the poor child. I couldnt believe it! :x

I wanted to shout something to him but thought better of it. Well who am i to say anything

OK thats better got that off my chest now xx

Replies

• Oh i hate this too.. there is nothing worse than seeing people smoking over children whether they are holding them or puching their pram! My brother and his wife always smoke in their car whilst my 10 year old niece is in the back, they even have the windows shut if its cold! They won't listen to sense though!!!!
  • Can I join in please!!

I've just found out that the girl that won't move out of the house that I've brought has gone and got herself pg so that she can get herself a nice council house when we've finally evicted her!! Not only that, a friend of my OH has just announced they're expecting again, why?? Because they get more benefits!!! Blows my mind people these days. Don't even deserve their poor kids!!
  • ooo thats nasty Katielou - that poor child breathing in all that second hand smoke! urgh

Lady - thats what really f@*ks me off with this country is people like that and they just seem to get whatever they want. She will prbably be smoking drinking and whatever else throughout her pregnancy whilst we're finding it difficult to even conceive. Oh its just not fair (stamps feet! I'm allowed to stamp my feeet today seeing as ugly af arrived!!) he he

So when do you think they will finally evict her then? Well i suppose at least if shes pregnant then she will get out quicker and then you can move in! Still so annoying that people like that can have kids though!!
  • Oh dear, that's appalling! I work in a hospital and hate it when I see the heavily pregnant ladies in their dressing gowns shuffling along to the road outside to have a ciggie. I just want to run over and stump it out on their forehead! It's so unfair!!!!!! I'd walk across hot coals to get a BFP and these selfish women are deliberately risking their babies! :x

Lady2188, I've just found out that not content with her 2 bedroom council house with front and back garden (paid for entirely by our taxes), my 21 year old cousin has just deliberately gotten pregnant with her second, most probably to get a 3 bedroom house! :x So I can understand your frustration with the tenant in your new place!

• Lady - thats what really f@*ks me off with this country is people like that and they just seem to get whatever they want. She will prbably be smoking drinking and whatever else throughout her pregnancy whilst we're finding it difficult to even conceive. quote]

[quote Lady2188, I've just found out that not content with her 2 bedroom council house with front and back garden (paid for entirely by our taxes), my 21 year old cousin has just deliberately gotten pregnant with her second, most probably to get a 3 bedroom house! :x So I can understand your frustration with the tenant in your new place!

Ladies I can understand your frustration when waiting for a BFP, but I think these comments are a little unfair and quite frankly oppressive and judemental.

I don't know these ladies from adam, but to say that they will probably be smoking and drinking and probably to get a 3 bedroom house I think is unfair to them, how do you know they they don't actually want these children, to love and cherish?

I'm not trying to start an argument, but thought this was worth considering

xxx
  • I too find the benefit system in this country appalling. This country is too goddamn easy!

My hubbys friend had a flat and hes got a 1 year old which wasnt planned they just couldnt be arsed to use protection! and hes keeps bragging on facebook about that hes got a new house, All paid by us! He cant be bothered to work. He had a job for about a week but was sacked coz he couldnt get up early in the morning!

MPP
    xxx
  • I see your point of view rainbow, but she's my cousin so I do know her and I've watched her 'bring up' the first baby. And I've heard her talk about what she's 'entitled to'. I'm sure in her own way she does love her baby and her bump, I just get so mad that I work so hard just so she can be 'entitled to' sit on her lazy behind all day every day! :x

• Whilst I also take into account your view rainbow, this house has been on the market since november so she's known since then she had to move!! She's had her 2months notice and an eviction notice which gave her 2 weeks to either leave or contest. She's contested on the point that she's now pg. So we have got to wait 48 friggin days for them to take her to court after which they've got to go through the whole process of getting rid of her!!

Now if that were me being a decent hard working human being (she also has a toddler by the way) I would have made him put a condom on until id found a roof to put over the childs head that I already had. But no,she knew that by getting pg the council would have to do something about it. God forbid she became homeless. But my notice on my flat is up next weekend so I'm going to be homeless and have to move into my moms study and hence put off ttc. But who cares about the baby I want cus I pay tax and work so sod me!!

The benefits system in this country is far to easy and scum like her know it and play to it and I'm so annoyed right now that I can't have my baby that I can afford so that she can have hers why the rest of us go to work everyday to pay for it!!!!!!!!!
  • Sorry jay78, in that rant I forgot to say that rather than being quicker now she's pg, its probably going to take longer because she contested the 2 week eviction notice on this basis. I think were going to have to put off ttc just in case we have to start searching for a new house again. I'm so gutted image
  • Rainbow - I also take on board your comments but have to agree with MrsR and Lady2188!
    Maybe I was being a bit stereotypical with my comments because i HAVE known women who have had a baby just to get benefits etc and theyre so open about it too! I have even SEEN these women smoking, drinking and doing more! OK i dont know the woman that lady2188 was talking about but she just sounds exactly like the others.
  • I can never understand why these people have to rub it in our faces that they are basically living for free. My hubby's cousin has got 9 children and still thinking of having more and she doesnt pay a thing neither work and shes raking the money in.
    Shes obviously not thinking of the kids and just thinking of the pound sign in her head.
    Poor kids living in cramped conditions, oh well she will probably be given a bigger house for free anyway.

It really is not fair for us hard workers. But fair play to the people who lost their jobs in the recession, that doesnt annoy me in the slighest.

Me and hubby are considering moving abroad in the later future to get away from this unbelievable rip-off of a country. Cant believe the fuel is going up yet again! and just got my bill for council tax and thats gone up too! Someone please remind me what the council do to deserve our money coz from where im standing they do sod all! :lol:

MPP
    xxx

[Modified by: MrsPinkPlayboy on March 17, 2010 07:53 PM]

• And your spot on btw with your description. She smokes around the child, her house was an absolute tip despite the fact we were coming to view it. She was even tellin us how her OH ran off with her best mate over the road. The girl had cling film over her windows to keep in the heat?!? And her son was climbing on the blimmin window sills why we were trying to measure the windows!

• MPP me and my OH are considering moving abroad for exactly the same reason. The more you pay the less you get back! My stepdad pays 45% tax. That's like half the time he gets out of bed he may aswell not bother. And then the bank he helped bail out refused him a bloody mortgage!

Petrols goin up, council tax in my area has had the highest rise in the country, they're trying to make me insure my tiny little harmless dog, my OH is self employed so he gets no paid paternity leave, they took my nans house off her to fund her care home place because she had dementia, yet the council roll over when lazy gits get themselves pg! Roll on the general election!!
  • I would love to just live in Florida but unfortunately the US wont let people in as easy as we do!
    Yep agree roll on that election! xx
  • We were thinking of florida too, Ive been 3 times, i cant stop going back, I love i there. It was either there or somewhere in europe, Im just considering the weather condtions in all the countries.

MPP
    xxx
  • I work for the local council and I'm studying benefits jsut now at college - makes me mad when we learn what people are entitled too. All the spongers are taking away cash from the people who actually need the help!

btw having another child doesn't automatically entitle a person to another bedroom - up till the age of ten opposite sex children can share and no age limit on 2 same sex kids sharing a room - well this is the case in Scotland but I think the law is the same in England too.

J xx
  • When my son was a few weeks old i was out in town waiting for my hubby to finish work so sat on a bench in the sun,an old woman came and sat next to me(there are there free seats) proceeded to get out a fag and start smoking next to us...the wind was blowing it right into Lennons face!!!!! made me furious and i told her what i thought of her

i stopped smoking when i found out i was pregnant an do not like it when other people smoke in front of my child when i choose not to subject him too it!!
  • Don't forget the benefits they're NOT entitled to as well sun shine! My cousin was falsely claiming to be single & living at home so she got an over crowding benefit whilst waiting for her house to be ready. In actual fact she was living with her unemployed boyfriend in his tax payer funded flat! So they now have a flat and a 2 bedroom house all for free!

Grrrrrrrrr :x

[Modified by: **MrsR** on March 17, 2010 09:18 PM]

• Grudie, that would make me so mad. Someone actually bringing their harmful smoke to your child!

Sunshine, if I had your job I would probably have severe depression, as would my OH thanks to my moaning!! I think id rather not know the full extent of the benefits system. I really hope they don't give her a 3 bed house!

I looked at moving to LA last year, but like you say, much harder to get in there! I imagined myself living in that house that cameron diaz has in the film the holiday! I don't think id have the problem of evicting a benefit breeder in that area of the world!
  • G/C I agree with Sunshine, people can carry on having babies thinking they may get bigger properties but thats not the case, it is the same in England & not just Scotland.

Also I understand the benefit thing there are some people out there that do the system cause I've seen it too and I agree it's out of order, but not everyone can be painted with the same brush if there on benefits just cause there are some that take the piss for some it's not there choice & would love nothing more than to find a job & support thereselves & there families.
    xx