Forum home General Chat General chat

Ways to tell people your preggers

Hi all
No im not but was thinking today about the time when we told mine and adi's parents that i was preggers.

We told them all at easter,the scan was due a few days after easter and with no pic to show wanted a way to tell them.
So we got a few pairs of plain baby boots and filled them with mini eggs and i put them in little box's.
It took them a few mo's to realise what we were telling them but it was a lovely way.

Any one else told someone in a different way,and to all the preggers ounes out there heres some ideas.

xx

Replies

• What a lovely idea, although mine is really boring.
    I phoned my mum and asked if she was sitting down. I then did the same 2 more times.
  • Dawn i also told my mum after an operation too lol, although i used the opportunity that she was drugged up to tell her. And it was am op on her knee so she couldnt chase after me he he.

But i also had to tell her that i had quit 3rd year uni and had already moved home and in with Ian lol. I was terrified of telling her he he.

Karen xxx
  • I was 26 when I told my mum and was living with my husband(boyfriend at the time) but I was terrified of telling her. The first and the third time. How silly is that!
  • Lucy how weren't you scared of telling her the second time too?

My family still dont know Hollie was planned they think she is the reason i quit uni. But we planned her before i quit and we tried for her when i was home christmas hols, so after living with Ian for 3 weeks then leaving to go back to uni in january i quit 4 days into the new term. And he drove up to get me that afternoon, which took 9 hours to do lol.
  • mine was very boring, just told them. i really wanted to tell my family in person, but as they live in ireland, we had to do it over the phone.

when we told ants family, it was in person, and we just said "hi grandma?grandma/auntie"etc.

it took a few mins, but was very cool

kas xx
  • mine was very boring, just told them. i really wanted to tell my family in person, but as they live in ireland, we had to do it over the phone.

when we told ants family, it was in person, and we just said "hi grandma?grandpa/auntie"etc.

it took a few mins, but was very cool

kas xx
  • oh, not sure what happened there, for some reason, it posted twice. sorry bout that
  • Our 2nd one was our only planned baby so it was expected.
  • Oh right Lucy, Hollie was also planned but my parents would have killed me because they thought i was continuing uni so i couldnt tell them instead we were trying for a baby, i was quitting and moving in with Ian he he.
  • I waited until after my scan and then gave my dad a copy of the picture!!