Forum home Babies Baby

Baby found in carrier bag...

Hi Ladies

This happened just down the road form me, its so tragic as apparently the person that first found the bag thought it was just gym towel from the boxing club down the road so hung it on the fence, 4 hours later someone came past and checked the bag again thats when they found the baby boy.

Absolutely dreadful...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8577494.stm

RIP little man. :cry:

xxxx

Replies

• I saw this on the news yesterday (if its the same one).

How awful that first person must feel. Thats heartbreaking. They wouldnt have known to check the bag but will have that little boys death on their conscience which is so unfair.

Its difficult to imagine how anyone could abandon their baby like this. I mean, yes, some young girls (I presume??) dont have a clue what to do when they suddenly give birth to a baby they have been trying to conceal and forget about but why leave it somewhere it wont be found?? Why not leave it on a doorstep, or at a hospital/drs entrance? At least then it may be found and given a chance.

Very very sad xx
  • this happened near me too, i live in stoke on trent, the thing is that baby might have lived if the police didn't wait a hour to take the baby to hospital.

RIP babies xxx
  • i really don't understand how you can have a baby, give birth and leave the baby, i feel for these women cos they could be going though anything and we just don't know. but the woman in france i think had her babies and killed them all, i know so many would die to have a baby and these women can have them and just kill them, its sad x
  • I saw this on the news yesterday (if its the same one).

How awful that first person must feel. Thats heartbreaking. They wouldnt have known to check the bag but will have that little boys death on their conscience which is so unfair.

Its difficult to imagine how anyone could abandon their baby like this. I mean, yes, some young girls (I presume??) dont have a clue what to do when they suddenly give birth to a baby they have been trying to conceal and forget about but why leave it somewhere it wont be found?? Why not leave it on a doorstep, or at a hospital/drs entrance? At least then it may be found and given a chance.

Very very sad xx

I agree 100% young girls, or women or girls who are part of a highly religious family they feel that is the only option, as gem said its a shame she could not have taken her to hospital.
  • Awful news. So sad.

I try not to be judgemental, but I fail sometimes. This is one of those times. There is no excuse at all.

x x x