Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Does your OH have PMA?

Evening girls,

Hope you are all well.

Just wondered if your OH/Hubs have PMA about the whole ttc after our losses??

My hubs is amazing, has an incredible amount of PMA and regularly reassures me that it WILL happen for us.

Not sure what I would do without his ongoing strength and PMA.

Are yours the same??

Hugs,

MrsH xx

Replies

• What a great post hun.

My oh would be the same, he makes me laugh cause he says lets relax this month & take it easy & there always the months we conceive LOL!!

Then he panics about me & the pg but he's now finally excited a week after getting our +ve!!

Good on your hubby for being so lovely & keeping the PMA when ours takes a slump xx
  • Thanks Hun!

I sometimes wonder how he can be so positive!!

Was trying to explain last night that I don't just want a baby, its more than that, a very deep urge now, a feeling that doesn't go away... something I have to do (be a Mum)... Hubs listened and smiled and said (again) it WILL happen.

Congrats again hun, couldn't be happier for you - you and Mr L deserve it.

Love MrsH xxx
  • I agree, what a lovely post!

My husband is very similar to yours, is so positive and it really helps when I get a bit down in the dumps. When I ov he drinks like a fish as he thinks it produces more swimmers!

I totally relate to how you feel about having a baby, it's exactly how I feel. I need to have my baby in my arms and be a mummy. i feel like I am missing a limb by not having a baby!

How are you doing generally hun?

I am so full of PMA after you're fab new Laura, I think rubbing that fertility statue helped! x
  • Hi MP hun,

Thought it was about time we had a thread about the men who keep us strong!

I am trying not to think about the 'urge' but it is there everyday and it feels like something I need to do... I am a teacher and I am not sure if it makes it harder or easier, some days I just think 'I want to read my with child/go to parents eve' for my LO, silly I know!

I am good ta, in the middle of the dreaded 2ww and have a little PMA that this is our month, as my hubs said the other night, he has kept up his side of things with much bdancing!!! Men lol.

Laura has certainly given us all hope image

How are you sweets??

Love MrsH xxxx
  • I do family law and mainly deal with care proceedings and it doesn't really help seeing people each day who never wanted their children and treat them so badly.

I'm ov'ing as we speak so i'll be in the 2ww tomorrow. Hubby has been fab and has named himself "the sperm machine!" To be fair he has excelled himself and if we don't do it this month it won't be through lack of trying!

I really thought we'd done it last month and I was gutted when af arrived a day early. Af is due easter sunday so hubby keeps saying if it's a bfp we'll have to call it Jesus! At least he makes me laugh!

The 1ww really drags doesn't it, I am making wall art and keepsake boxes just to keep myself busy! x x
  • Lol at 'sperm machine' your hubs has a fab sense of humour!!!

So your job doesn't help either - nice to know I am not alone on that, love my job, my class are wonderful and in some ways that makes it harder, if they were little devils it might put me off!!

We have done more than a fair bit of trying this month too so I agree, it won't be through lack of trying!

Lol at Jesus!! An interesting choice hun image

You are a clearly a creative bunny, I love card making so might need to take my mind off things with that and have just bought a new cupcake cook book that is waiting for me to use.

Hugs, MrsH xxx
  • Ahh, Thanks MrsH, your post has made me sit and think about my own 'Lurve Machine' snoozing on the sofa. During our mmc in December we were both really distant. It was almost as if we were both being strong for each other. As for PMA, he's a bit of a nightmare ss in the 2ww! He made me laugh last month, pointing at my belly, he said 'eh, look do you reckon it could be?' 'No Darling, it's not a baby, it's cake!' I was on cd7!!!!!!! :lol:
  • Oh bless him spikesma! His intentions were good! My hubby has even taken to wear "sperm pants" which are really loose boxers as he thinks they make him produce more!

He always says "are you on a peak or a high" which is sweet he's so interested but kind of takes the romance out of things!

Mrs H, a lot of people I work with are due to come back from maternity soon so keep coming in with their babies for ther back to work meeting. A good friend who I took maternity photos for (I'm a bit of a photographer too) came in with her 11 month ols and asked me to look after him for half an hour while she had her meeting.

This child is just the most beautiful baby and a real joy to look after as he's just full of fun. Honestly, my ovaries were just churning and I just though i HAVE to have a baby and soon!

Fingers crossed we'll all go into December together and have little Christmas babies! x x
  • Ha ha Spikesma your post made me giggle!!!
    My oh would be like that too some months worse than me with SS!!!

MP PMSL at Jesus!!! Good that they can make you laugh to, what is it with our OH's getting all religious last week my oh couldnt understand how I was pg as we had hardly done the business, I mean once well before when I would normally ov & then once after usual ov!! So was saying it must be an immaculate conception LOL!! Now it's sunk in a bit he truly beleives he has super sperm too!!!
    Ladies I would be over the moon to see some more bfp posts keeping everything crossed for you'll xxx
  • Ha ha Spikesma your post made me giggle!!!
    My oh would be like that too some months worse than me with SS!!!

MP PMSL at Jesus!!! Good that they can make you laugh to, what is it with our OH's getting all religious last week my oh couldnt understand how I was pg as we had hardly done the business, I mean once well before when I would normally ov & then once after usual ov!! So was saying it must be an immaculate conception LOL!! Now it's sunk in a bit he truly beleives he has super sperm too!!!
    Ladies I would be over the moon to see some more bfp posts keeping everything crossed for you'll xxx
  • Lol @ spikesma hubs!!

Mine said to me the other night 'do you feel pregnant yet??' bless the stupid man!!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for lots of xmas bundle announcements image

Enjoy your sunday's
    xxxx