Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Over 30 and ttc #2 ~ Anyone else?

Hi :\),

I'm 36 and in my sixth month of ttc #2. We were lucky with DS who was conceived in the second month of trying but its a bit harder going this time around. DH and I are both so tired working and running after a toddler so I am using the CB fertility monitor to eliminate the guesswork [my cycle has been anywhere from 28 - 39 days in the past]. Even though I am over 35 which is always quoted as the time when fertility takes a dive, I lead a healthy lifestyle and thought it would be just as easy second time around [stupid me :cry:].

I've only just joined BE so haven't been able to read a lot of the threads to find out about all you ladies but are there any other 30 somethings like me struggling?

Replies

• I'm 32 and ttc nos 1, came off pill in November so not too worried yet that i have anything to worry about but it is fustrating at times that it hasn't just happened!

good luck with nos two and welcome to BE

J x
  • Hi
    replied to your post in the older mums forum, but this is a much busier board.
  • Hi and welcome!
    I'm also 32 (soon to the 33 eek!) and trying for number one. Only on month two, so not sure if its much of an issue yet. Hope not!
    Good luck! xx
  • i'm 36 and have a 2 yo dd. We have been trying since September and earlier this month I had a m/c. The bright side of the m/c is that I know that I can still get pregnant, the issue is staying pregnant.

Babydust to all....
  • Hi, I'm 32 and ttc #2, this is our 3rd month of trying, I actually fell pregnant with our lo when I was on the pill so thought I'd get caught straight away once I stopped taking, not always as you plan but not worrying yet.
  • Hi, im soon to be 31 and will now be officially ttc #2. Took my last pill on Monday.
    I fell on month 2 with my lo, I had been on the pill for 12yrs solid so thought it would take longer.
  • Hi Bubblicious am 35 (36 in aug) just started month 4 of ttc baby no3 lo is nearly 2. I was 33 ttc with her and it took 11 months ... if I thought about it maybe I should have started sooner on this one lol have been told that as parts have been used recently it shouldn't take as long! lets hopethey are right!

Baby dust to all xx
  • Hi Bubblicious am 35 (36 in aug) just started month 4 of ttc baby no3 lo is nearly 2. I was 33 ttc with her and it took 11 months ... if I thought about it maybe I should have started sooner on this one lol have been told that as parts have been used recently it shouldn't take as long! lets hopethey are right!

Baby dust to all xx
  • Hi everyone! I'm 35 ( 36 in May) and starting to try for #1 this month. Have to admit that I am anxious and a little scared that I am going to have a hard time concieving when I read some of the stories. Hope I haven't left things too late. Anyway fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to everyone! x
  • hi hun xx welcome to BE xx im 30 and trying to #2, my lo is 21 months and i have just got married, it took 18mths to fall for Anabel so fingers crossed its not so long this time xx i have lost 3 stone ( weight watchers is FAB ) so im hoping it helps xxx

baby dust to all u lovely ladies xx