Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I too old or late for number 3?

Hi,
I am new and just wanted an or some opinions other than my husband's.

I am 30 years old and have two children. Started early, first at 22 and second at 24 (married at 19)!!!!!! We have not been in a financial position to consider having another baby up until recently and I would like to start trying after our holiday in Feb.

My daughter is 8 and my son is 6, have I left it too late to have another, is 30 too old to start again?

Would some tell me also, do you think it is best to come off pill for three months before trying, or does everyone else go for it?

Thanks

Replies

• Hi Pauline
    Welcome to pp
    My name is Simone and i am mum to Jessica
    You are definitly not to old i am 29 and would like another baby, but by the time we are ready for another one i will be 30 and i don't think it's to old!
    If you are in a financial position to have another and it is what you want i would say go for it!

On the subject of coming of the pill for three months first, i didn't bother and had a beautifull healthy daughter.

Hope this has helped some and do keep us informed!
  • Hi Pauline,

Welcome, I'm Zoe mum to Jack and Charlotte.

30 is definatley not too old to have a baby and if you are financially secure and it's what you want then go for it. I really don't think i'd have another but if I do I'd wait until Charlotte was a little older so i'd be early 30's, that's not old to have a baby!!

As far as the pill goes some women get caught if they miss taking one tablet and have healthy children so don't worry too much about that, just make sure you start taking folic acid and you'll be fine.

Take care, Zoe xx
  • I hope its not too old. I had my daughter at 34.
    She's perfectly healthy and at my scan my stats were that of a woman in their early 20's.
  • Thanks so much ladies. Had a really bad experience with my first birth, so might be back for further reassurance (sorry).

We are off on hoI in 3 weeks, so will start trying then, will keep you posted. Took 6 months last time, hope not that long this time! Thanks for your replies.
  • Hi,I didn't start until late. I had my first at 31 and want at least 1 more!!! And that won't be for a few more years!

I say go for it!!!
  • Hope I didn't offend anyone by asking if 30 was too old to try again, I didn't mean anything by it. Just I was much young with my first too.
  • If anyone else will be trying to get pg over the next few months would love to keep in contact.

Also for the ladies that just came off the pill and started trying were, ur AF's very irregular and how long did it take u to concieve?
  • Hi Pauline,

I'm Sarah and me and my hubby are also ttc - this will be our first

I see your name says you live in Surrey - where abouts are you if you don't mind me asking?

Look forward to chatting soon! x
  • Hi Sarah,

Nice to hear from you.
    We are between Sutton and Carshalton.
    I see you are from Kent, we have friends there.
    Wish you all the best with ttc, have you been trying long?
    I really wanna come off the pill, but we are off to Florida in three weeks (for the first time) and would like to make the most of the holiday without worrying about my AF.
    I fell really quickly with my first and then took about 6 months with my second.
  • Hi Pauline,
    No offence taken.
    I'm 36 and my youngest son is in y1 and I'm one of the youngest mums at school.
    My daughter is 20 months and I'm pretty sure when she starts school I'll be one of the oldest, but it dose'nt worry me.
    Have you decided on baby No;3?

I know Carlshalton/Sutton quite well. My sister has lived ther for 18 years and we used to meet up in sutton for shopping.
  • Hi Pauline. Welcome to PP. I am 33 weeks pregnant with number two and I am 35 and I really don't believe age always has much to do with it. Some women are just more able to carry children later in life and others have enormous problems even at a young age. My blood tests this time round were better than with my son even though I was three years older.

If you really are worried, start eating more healthily and taking vitamins to give yourself the best chance. At least you know what is in store and your other two children will fully understand what is going on and be able to help.

Go for it, and enjoy it! N. xx
  • no way are you too old, go for it!!

hiya, im kas and mummy to niamh and tara
    welcome to pp, i hope you enjoy it on here as much as we all do!!

kas xx
  • Thanks ladies for all your positive comments. I have started to eat more healthily and started to take folic acid and multi vits. Will keep you posted.
  • Forgot to ask ladies, how long did it for you AF's to become regular after coming off the pill. Previously when I have come off the pill they have been very irregular for 3-4 months! I know everyone is different!
  • Hi Pauline,

I know Carshalton - up until 2006 I was living in Oxted which is about 30mins away but we moved to kent to get onto the property ladder also I used to work in Croydon the Brighton Road

Me and the OH have been ttc for only a month - this will be our second.

I know what you mean about the pill I came off mine a yr ago when we moved as I didn't get a new prescription - i think my period just followed the trend of the pill?

Also good luck with your ttc x
  • Hi Sarah,

I know the Brighton Road, Croydon. I work in Wallington.

I wish you the very best of luck ttc.

Remember after doing the do, legs in the air! Beware though cos quite sure that the window cleaner saw me with my legs in the air, when ttc my son, don't t think he ever recovered as he was about 100!!!!!!

I see from your profile you have dogs, I have two. What kind?
  • Hi Boo, thanks for that.
  • Hi ya
    Im emma 24 mum to riley 3yrs and chantelle 8mths.
    It took me 8mths to concieve riley after coming of the pill and chantelle's my niece/foster daughter.

I dont believe your to old,and like the others say if your in a financial position and ready for no 3 then go for it.

my mum had me and 2 sisters in her 20's and had my 2brothers and sister in her 30's.
    Age range goes 26, 25, 24, 16, 13, 12.

Good luck and keep us posetd.
  • Hi Emma,

Thanks for the post. We are going to try. All the ladies on this site has been so nice.

Think I am worried about the length of time it will take to concieve. So far I am worrying about everything an I am not even pg yet!!!!!!

It takes a pretty special person to foster, all the best to you, Riley and Chantelle. Do you think you will have anymore children?
  • I would,but hubby got rather scared when i had riley as there were a few problems,so give him time and he might come round to it one day. hehe!
    Im not in any hurry jst yet,got chan to keep me busy.

xx