Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How often?

I'm CD 12 today so coming up to the critical time and was just wondering how often people tend to BD during those crucial few days?

Somethings say every other day, others say as much possible. Even my Dr wasn't sure when I asked her, and she said there's two schools of thought - as much as poss or every other day. Helpful!

I'm not using OPKs as they will stress me out too much, but reckon I'm due to ov Weds or Thursday, so the big questions is how much do we get in this week?

Replies

• Thanks littlewolf, how long is your cycle?
  • I like to make sure we bd day before ov and then on th e2 days of ovulation. This month I ov'd late so we did it about 8 times in a week!x x
  • Have you tried a cbfm little wolf? It's teh best money I spent. Got bfp first month with it (was ectopic) and has been brillant for tracking my cycles since x
  • I agree they are very expensive, do you use any form of OPK littlewolf? I tried the CBD ones last month but found it all a bit stressful so am trying without this time...
  • I got mine half price on amazon and works out a lot cheaper if takes a little while. I was ov'ing 4 days later than I thought but I'm not as good at reading the signs of ov as you ladies! x x
  • I did use the clearblue ones for a month before I got it but because I have long cycles it was costing me a fortune. I can't believe how much they cost! For me because I've been trying since July (albeit with a 3 month gap after ectopic) it has worked out a lot cheaper.

I was put off to start with by the cost and thought it was another rip off aimed at people ttc but now I have it I would be without it as I don't ov when FF says I should and it tells you when you have high fertility as well as when you are ovulating.

• I did use the clearblue ones for a month before I got it but because I have long cycles it was costing me a fortune. I can't believe how much they cost! For me because I've been trying since July (albeit with a 3 month gap after ectopic) it has worked out a lot cheaper.

I was put off to start with by the cost and thought it was another rip off aimed at people ttc but now I have it I would be without it as I don't ov when FF says I should and it tells you when you have high fertility as well as when you are ovulating.

• Not quite on topic, but wanted to put my pennies worth ina bout the CBFM, I love, love, LOVE it!

I brought mine of ebay with 20 sticks for about ??35 I think and I have only used it on 2 cycles - both times it gave me my BFP- sadly neither of them were sticky but I do think they are worth their weight in gold!

As soon as I have my first peak, I stop POAS as I know what it will say after that as you always get 2 peaks, then a high then all lows. I but the sticks off ebay so tend to get 20 for about ??12 and you can genrally get 2 cycles worth out of them.

In terms of how often, I BD every other day leading up to ov (on my highs) then both days on my peak, sometimes teice in one day on my peak, and on the high afterwards, then when ever I want after that image

Hope that helps

xxx
  • I worked out my most fertile dates on a website based on my cycle and we had sex on every one of those days... I got pregnant straight away!

Good luck!