Forum home Babies Baby

Christening gifts?

Hi,

We are having our son christened in two weeks, someone mentioned to me about buying gifts for the godparents. Is this the norm or a bit OTT?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Me and my husband are godparents to our best friends son. We never expected a present at all but a couple of weeks later, we were given a lovely engraved photo frame. It had a picture of us with their son on the day of the christening in it.

xx
  • hi
    we're having a thanksgiving for MJ on sunday, we have 4 godparents for her.

We havent bought them any gifts though. We didnt for the four godparents Ollie has either.
    I've never heard about it except on here. I would say if you want to then do so, but if you cant afford/dont want to then there shouldnt be a problem.

xx
  • Hi we got our godmothers plaques from here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Amys-Personalised-Crafts/353983460029?ref=ts

-she's a BE mummy! We're going to give the godfather a framed photo x
  • I am a godparent to both my nephews. I didn't get a present and certainly didn't expect one! I got a lovely card saying thank you, which I thought was more than enough...

It was an honour to be asked and that is worth more than any gift.

xx
  • we got presents for our godparents we got a candle with babies pic on saying to my godparent etc realy lovelt, for the others we did photos in frame x