Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

awaiting AF - but is whats happening...normal?

morning ladies,

some of you may know my story - but basically i am just waiting for af (due on thursday) now.
i just wanted to know if what has happened to my temps....is normal?

on 8DPO it started going down and hasnt stopped, its just gone over control line today (11DPO) and AF due in 2 days. is it normal for temps to drop as early as 8DPO (6 days before af due?!) does this mean i have less chance of conceiving, or am i just being mad?!

i know that for most people - their temps go down on the day, or the day before AF - so i just htought 6 days before was a bit weird?!

thanks for any help any can offer! xx

Replies

• eeeek, just want to test!!!! i have been having af symptoms for 3 days now, and no sign of her. not due till thursday and i normally only get relatively mild cramps the day she arrives. these cramps have been pretty bad.
    temping aside (which i have decided not to do for a few days) - i do have a few symptoms, but no sore (.)(.)
    dont want to talk myself into this, but never had 3 days of af cramps this bad and this far before af due/arrives. xx
  • I've been having cramps/spotting since sunday and I'm not due until fri/sat. I'm so tempted to test but don't want to seea BFN.
  • I've been having cramps/spotting since sunday and I'm not due until fri/sat. I'm so tempted to test but don't want to seea BFN.
  • i know what you mean steph! i havent had spotting, but the cramps are so bad and so much like af, that i'm convinced she's coming ALL the time! they are a bit milder today as i took paracetamol this morning (first time i've ever needed them!)
    i think i will test in the morning, just to get it out of my head, as my temps are telling me i will come on, on thursday - but just thought theses cramps were wierd xx
  • Oops don't know why it posted 3 times! I'm never normally like this my periods are always so regular with cramps just the day before. I want to test too, lol x
  • i completely agree - my cramps usually start the day af arrives and are not normally this severe. will let you know what happens tomorrow then, as it may be a good sign for us! x
  • Don't want to be the voice of doom here but want to try and keep you grounded otherwise you might run off and test too early!!

I had af cramps for 2-3 days a few days ago, but af only came today and cramps dissappeared inbetween. Was no chance I was pg as hubby has been away, and I NEVER have af cramps at all, so unfortunately it can happen for no reason :\(

But saying that any symptoms are good, including cramps that are never normally there, so my fingers are crossed for you both and will watch out for your BFP announcements!! :\)
  • hi garfield. haha, dont worry - i think i need someone to keep me grounded!
    i am quite certain i'm not pg anyway - as my temps have dropped and are not rising again. its pretty unlikely. but these cramps are just really different - all round my back and then in the front, they keep moving. very painful too image
    anyway....as you say, it may just be one of those things that our horrible bodies do!!!
    if my temp isnt rising its pretty much a done deal that i'm not going to be pg! xx
  • Well I caved in and tested, BFN so will just wait and see how long AF takes to turn up!
  • hi steph - oh no - sorry to hear it was BFN image

its still early though, you can only be about 8DPO? i will be 12DPO tomorrow, so will see what comes up then. but as i said to garfield, not holding out much hope for BFP!
    maybe test again on friday is af hasnt arrived? xx
  • Think I'm 11dpo, but as soon as I did the test I got more bleeding so think this is def AF and not implantation as I'd hoped! Oh well it was only our 1st month of TTC. x