Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OPK = Frustrated!!

Hey

Im on CD 17 today and for the last couple of days have been having twinges/cramps & EWCM. If these are all signs that im ovulating or ovulation is imminent then why I am still getting negative OPK????

I wasnt really going to bother with OPK as i didnt last time round and fell with my DD on cycle 2.

This time I thought id buy some just to help me suss out what my cycles are doing as this is my first month being off the pill. I sometimes wish i hadnt as this is all so frustrating!!!!!!

I promised myself that I would not become obsessed :lol:

Replies

• Hi Hun, there are loads of reasons why your not picking up your LH surge, what time are you testing? and how many times per day if for example you get your Lh surge at 10pm at night, and you are testing at say 3pm the next day thats 17 hours apart, it wouldn't show up, if you drink alot within 2 hrs of it, it will dilute the result. when i was ttc, i tested at 10am and 10pm so i covered both 12 hr gaps so i wouldn't miss it. it is likely you may have missed it, EWCM is there so get BD'ing anyway. i am 13 weeks now and it worked 4 me!! goodluck xxx p. s wilkinsons sell 5opk's for 2.99!
  • Hi,

I have been testing around midday. Yesterday I did one lst night at about 9pm aswell. The line on todays one was slightly darker than yesterdays but obviously still negative.
    Im still new to these OPK's, I swore i would never use them and just let nature decide as i did before.

Before ttc my DD i had been on the pill for 12 yrs solid. Came off it and had my 1st AF 42days later, 36 days after that i got my bfp. I never tracked anything, just BD when we felt like it and bingo.

Lots of my friends have said its taken them alot longer when ttc #2 than it did their 1st. Another reason i thoought id use opks

I certainly have EWCM so have been BD.

I get 20 opks for ??2.99 from a seller on ebay. They are the NHS (CE) ones.

Congrats on your pregnancy, xxx
  • Hi, that is quite a big gap between the testing. are they the ones with a control line and then a testing line. If they are, and you are getting any type of line on the testing side, i am guessing you have had your LH surge as mine were never darker than the control line, and only showed up around that time. If you test say 2 days after your period there will be no 2nd line at all - not even a faint one. I would recommend doing 10am and 10pm. I would also agree ttc no2 takes longer, it took me 5 months! Bd as much as you can xxxxx
  • Hi Gemma,

I have experienced exactly the same thing this cycle and Ive been off the pill for over a year and ttc for 11 months. Ive been using CBFM for about 8months and had highs and peaks every month. This month decided to put CBFM away and take it easy but panicked and bought boots own OPK's, had all the signs of OV but -ve on OPK's.
  • Yes they are the ones that have a test line & a control line. The tests themselves are green & white.
    As of tommorrow i will test twice daily at 10am &10pm to see if it makes any difference.
    Like you say it could very well of happened already and i missed it as ive only been testing every 24 hrs.
    Thanks.x
  • Yes they are the ones that have a test line & a control line. The tests themselves are green & white.
    As of tommorrow i will test twice daily at 10am &10pm to see if it makes any difference.
    Like you say it could very well of happened already and i missed it as ive only been testing every 24 hrs.
    Thanks.x
  • Hiya just thought I'd add to this that I have never once had a positive on the eBay cheapies. I gave up on them and now temp. Might save your frustration? Good luck
  • Hi same her i never got a line at all on the ov sticks when i was ttc first time round, so i gave up on them. i was testing mid day everything day, i was getting mad with my self, or i may not have been ov as i was same as you Gemma first time round been on pill 12 years and took me 9 month to get pregnant, please dont say it takes long for 2nd i will cry:cry:
    Hope everyone good luck this month