Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

When will af start????

Hi ladies,

I had my erpc on 10th March and i still have no af! I just want to know that my body is getting back to normal. How long did you have to wait til you got af after your mc's? Im not sure if i should be getting worried or not.

Kate x

Replies

• Hi hun. I got af after about 5 weeks (my usual cycle is 28-34 days). When I went for my review after d&c I was told to expect af after 4-8 weeks. My friend waited over 8 weeks for hers, and was told by her gp not to worry until she got to 10 weeks. She was also told the only reason for af not to show eventually was pregnancy! I know how frustrating it is to wait, but just try not to worry. Af will arrive soon and if she hasn't in a few more weeks go back to ur gp-I was told at my review to wait with ttc until after af in case there was anything left inside after the d&c. I asume this may also be a reason for af not to show. Xxx
  • hey hun, mine took almost 8 weeks! so hang in there! xx
  • hey hun my ERPC was on the 25th Feb and af showed up exactly 5 weeks later! 1st april! i was told 4-8 weeks to so just hang in there... from other peoples experiences and from mine iswel the 1st AF may be pretty tough for u so make sure you have lots of paracetomal and hot water bottleimage helped me! im now into the 4th day of AF and its so much better! image
    xx
  • Hi Kate, still waiting for mine, tho its only been just over 2w since my op. I just want the first AF to be over and done with, like I'm sure you do sweet. Zxx
  • This is useful to know, I only had a natural mc and I'm still bleeding from that 2 weeks later although I think it might be easing off now. I can't wait to get going ttc again but want to wait till af so I know my dates, etc
    Big hugs in the mean time xx
  • This is useful to know, I only had a natural mc and I'm still bleeding from that 2 weeks later although I think it might be easing off now. I can't wait to get going ttc again but want to wait till af so I know my dates, etc
    Big hugs in the mean time xx