Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Can I have your opinions please?

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well.

I did a HPT yesterday and got quite a good line. It was not first morning urine and I was only 9DPO. Af is not due till next thursday. I have told a couple of close friends and shown them the test and they think the line in so strong that it could be twins

So what im asking is, has anyone had this happen? Could it mean its twins?

I dont think im any further on, as my cycles are always like clockwork.

Thanks in advance xxx

Replies

• HCG levels are different for every person in every pregnancy. Ive known people have very strong lines for 1, and seriously lacking lines for twins. However, my CBD showed 1-2 when I was exactly 4 weeks, then, at 5 weeks exactly, jumped to 3+ so I did get the stronger indication, not that I knew at the time!!

Unfortunately, there is only one diffinitive way of telling whether there are 1 or 2 babies, and that is a scan, which wont be happening for a while. We found out at a private scan at 10 weeks after m/c my previous pg and my mw at my booking app asking whether it could be twins as my uterus was quite high at 8 weeks.

HTH hun and hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 25 + 6 (6 months tomorrow!)
  • I'm sorry if I've worried you hun.
    My test was a very clear line at 10 DPO and in the afternoon.
    However, everyone (and their hormone levels) are very different so it's not a definite indicator. They also say that hormone levels with twins mean that symptoms (sickness etc.) are much stronger and I didn't have any sickness so it can vary so much from person to person.

The only surefire way to tell would be a scan. We had a private scan at 7 weeks and found out there were 2 heartbeats!!!

Amy
    xxx
  • Hi there T4BM. You did not worry me and I had thought it before you said it.
    You may think im crazy but I would have loved twins last time but I think I would die if it were twins now image

Aww well I will just wait for 12 week scan!

[Modified by: *Babylove* on April 05, 2010 02:09 PM]

• Phew!
    I don't think you're crazy at all. Having twins is wonderful - just bloody hard work! xx
  • Hi, not sure about this one - if I had to say, I'd probably say not. I did 3 home pregnancy tests and they all had very feint lines, yet it turns out I am having twins. think only the scan will tell. Sorry