Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not sure what to do....

Hi,

I have been off the pill for 6 months and have had one period (only lasted 3 days which is v unusual) which I had in early December and nothing since. When is the right time to go to the Doctors to ask if everything is ok? Is 6 months a normal time to go? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• I would go to the doctor after nine months just to get checked out.

It took me 9 weeks to get a period though after stopping the contraceptive patch. Good luck x
  • Hi, i came off microgynon after started getting break through bleeding and didnt have AF for 11 months! cant remember when i went to docs and they started looking into it, but i never think there is harm in going to the doctors explaining the situation and they will guide you in how long they tend to leave things before looking into it. It may be sooner than you think.

I think 11 months is an usually long time and it all worked out well in the end as i fell pregnant without trying in the end with my DS....so dont worry too much!

I came off yasmin in jan had withdrawal bleed and only had one AF since. Hoping it wont take so long this time....some of our bodies just dont do what we want quick enough!! grr

hope this doesnt sound negative...was meant positively

xx

let us know how you get on