Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Tummy twinges!!!

Hi all, is anyone getting twinges from ther belly button to ther...sorry... Bits? It's quite uncomfortable like shocks, anyone who's had a baby before will prob know how I feel, I did a test today but it was negative but I'm really not convinced. I haven't been trying but only hot these symptoms back in 2007 with a mc and my son X

Replies

• maybe u tested to early hun, try again in a couple of days xx
  • Hey,

I've had these, had them for about 3/4 days and then today nothing. Have also tested and got a BFN. I was sure it must be implantation or somethign but now not convinced at all. How many dpo are you?
    xx
  • yeah I'm going to do another one 2 mo just incase the one I did was a duff image if another neg I'll try again next week but if that's a neg I will be very confused. I'm convinced as I only had this with both pregnancies. I haven't planned 2 get pg and if I am will be a shock and not great timing, it's just strange having symptoms but no bfp xx
  • Hi there

I've had it too. Mine only lasted a few minutes but happened a couple of times. I think I ov'd on Sunday (last week) and did a test today but it was BFN.

How long did it last when you had this?

V xxx
  • I have no idea what dpo means sorry image but my last perid day was just over 2 weeks ago but I've got pregnant Whilst on the pill before!! How often are u getting the twinges? Mine come from every few secs to a while before I notice more, they've just been really strong yesterday and today, I thaught it might be a uti but has no probs there x
  • i have got these today had them all day on and off really low on the left hand side, i have had sickness come on and off too for a few day, i am hoping these are good signs

• I haven't been sick but been really tired and groggy now and again, i think I would be more shocked if I wasn't pregnant than if I was! The twinges ddont last long but are often, some more noticable than others like hitting a nerve x
  • Sorry DPO is days past ovulation.

To be honest it's probably happened about 10 times and sometimes it's twinges but others its a really sharp pain. It's just random times to be honest but it can be quite painful and stops me in my tracks.

I feel like I have a dull ache there at the min.

Pink H I always get twinges on my left hand side so wouldn't notice if I was getting any more really (I have colitis and get pains there when I get flare ups). I think because it felt like it was going towards my lady bits it was so noticable. Does that make sense.

Oohhhh I hope this is a good sign. I've took some paracetomol now so probably won't notice anymore, my back is killing me off doing all the ironing lol. Thats what I get.

Hope we all get the results we're after this month.

Mum2mason, if you have 28 day cycles, that will make you 14 dpo. Maybe you should test in a couple of days, the hgc doubles every 48 hours ish so a couple of days will show a difference.

Hope this helps

V x

[Modified by: Vicsy on April 06, 2010 08:34 PM]

• yes this is what mine is like, comes quicky stays a bit then goes, then will come back later,, alwasy on the same side,

• Yeh you helped image my belly button is really sensitive anyway so when I get them I'm hitting the roof lol x
  • I really hope this is a good sign and I'm going to get a BFP the next test I take.

V x
  • Hi, Mine lasted only a few seconds but came quite regularly. The first couple of days they were quite sporadic but became more frequent and noticeable over the next few days. They weren't painful but noticeable. Isn't it strange so many of us have had this, hope this is a good sign! However, I've had no twinges today (I kind of miss them after the few days of them!!)

xx
  • Kernow

I think I have more of a dull ache on and off now. I wish I just knew properly one way or another.

V xx
  • Yeah I wana now NOW! I haven't planned a baby but the possibility of one is getting me excited and nervous!!!! I know I shouldent get my hopes up but they are so often and I've only had them wen preibiously pregnant which is strange =S x
  • I have no idea what dpo means sorry image but my last perid day was just over 2 weeks ago but I've got pregnant Whilst on the pill before!! How often are u getting the twinges? Mine come from every few secs to a while before I notice more, they've just been really strong yesterday and today, I thaught it might be a uti but has no probs there x

I don't want to burst your bubble but ifyour period was 2 weeks ago that would make you around " cycle day 14" not 14 dpo, so I think by the sounds of it you've been having ovulation pains? Sorry if I've picked you up wrong. If so, then now is the time to be trying to get pregnant image
  • Very well spotted MrsDoc, I can't believe I missed that one.

Hmmmm, confuscious then.

V xxx
  • Hi I did reply but my Internet cut off, what are ovulation pains like as I've honestly never noticed them before. I'm very irregular even on the pill and could of been longer because I wasn't on my period on the 11th march, god I need 2 keep track! Still getting them 2day but ther alot sharper, it just has me scratching my head x
  • Hi I did reply but my Internet cut off, what are ovulation pains like as I've honestly never noticed them before. I'm very irregular even on the pill and could of been longer because I wasn't on my period on the 11th march, god I need 2 keep track! Still getting them 2day but ther alot sharper, it just has me scratching my head x
  • I think ov pains tend to be more one sided from what I have read. I don't know if I get them but as I have colitis, I get pain on my left hand side quite regularly so I probably wouldn't notice if it were there.

Mine are more of a dull ache now.

mmmmm its all very odd isn't it?

Do you take your pill through to skip periods? Thats what I used to do, all of the time. I hate periods, hate them even more now. lol

Sorry I don't think I've been much help.

V xx
  • I have done but the last time I did that was last year because I was going on holiday. I hate them 2 but hopfully soon you won't have any for 9 months image I'm still puzzled by the twinges and still no sign of uti so i will have 2 wait and see image x