Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

after BD ...

Helllllo girls image

I have a question sorry if it was embaressing ... but after BD do we have to lay in bed. Will it make any difference ??
As for my past cycles I always got up after BD. Could it lower the chances of concieving?

8\)8\)

Replies

• I don't know if it's scientific, but they say to lay with your hips up as it helps to keep the sperm stay by the cervix, also has less leakage!!!
    It's hard because I always need a wee after sex and I have to kay there for half and hour with a cushion under my bum,busting to go... Why're have to do for a bfp! Xxx
  • they recommend 20 mins with legs elevated, we put a cushion under us, the longer the better and try not to go to the toilet for a little while too

good luck x
  • Me too! As long as I can with pillow under bum and legs up th wall!

image x
  • Thnx girls.
    Then that what I would be doing .. I just hope DH wont make fun of me.

Baby-princess : auuugh we must go the extreme :P i hv tried to relax about it the past 5 /6 months but now I'll try to be aggressive imageimage
  • My friend swears by do a cycling motion in the air with your legs. Might sound a bit comical but she fell pregnant 1st month both times!!!
  • Just don't lie for too long! I got a UTI last month and my doc said it was all that hanging around without going to the loo afterwards ha ha!
  • My friend swears by do a cycling motion in the air with your legs. Might sound a bit comical but she fell pregnant 1st month both times!!!
    x

I remember doing this for a joke but fell pregnant the first month... maybe it wasn't so funny afterall???!!! image
  • I did it this month but pretended to OH that I had a sore back and was stretching. You should have seen the look he gave me! He thought I had lost it completely.

I'm giggling at the whole lot of us doing imaginary bicycles after BD. Very sexy for OHs!

• hahaha

Freckle: I loved the way you covered it up

Ok then I will go with the riding the bicycle motion and will reply " Oh i feel tired and have a sore back" image