Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Can i join you

Hi All,

We've decided to start ttc after a devastating missed miscarriage at 10 weeks back in February.

It hadn't been a straight forward pregnancy - the results of my blood test showed low progesterone levels - so I was applying pregesterone cream 3 times a day to try to get my levels up - it seemed to be working and we had a scan showing an early heart beat, but it wasn't to be and our 10 week scan showed I'd lost our baby and then had to have an ERPC operation.

Have been v.low the last few months, but I'm very lucky to have an 18 month bundle of fun - our son - who keeps me from digging my head firmly in the sand.

Anyway, we're going to start trying again - bit nervous, but doc assures me that it wont necessarily happen again.

Best of luck to you all.

Koi x

Replies

• Hey Koi,

Welcome to our forum.

We're all nervous about ttc again after all our mc's so you've come to the right place.

Can i ask what pregesterone cream is? I've never heard of it and where do you put it?

xx
  • Hi Lampiekat,

The progesterone cream is the same sort they supply for women going through the menopause. Its quite concentrated. You rub a pea sized amount into your inner arms, inner thighs and/or side of breasts - apparently that is where it works best.

It worked for a bit - my levels increased, but not at the rate they should.

Koi x
  • Hi Koi,
    Really sorry to hear about your experience!!! I think you'll find yourself right at home here as we're all in the same boat so to speak!

Glad you got a prognosis early on. In my case the NHS refused to do any tests till i had 3 miscarriages ;-(
    However women who've had mc have gone on to have healthy babies.... so here's to you!! All the best to us all as well!!

tc
    Shyro
  • Hi, so sorry to hear about your experience, but welcome to our forum. I recently suffered a mmc, but am hoping to try for a bubba again very soon. Take care. Zxx
  • Hi hun,

welcome to our cosy little forum, you are very, very welcome although I am sorry to read about what you have been through.

I found amazing support from the girls in here and I am sure you will do too,
    Hugs, MrsH xxxx
  • Hi and welcome, I had a mmc in Feb too , found out at my 12 week scan that my little one had passed away at 9 weeks. I am actively ttc again now and think I have just ovulated since my first AF after my ERPC. It has been am immensly painful few months but the support here is fantastic. I am terrified of having a mc again but trying to stay positive

Sending you lots of sticky baby dust

Jacqui
    xx
  • Thank you all for your lovely words - it really touched me.
    So sorry we've all been going through the same thing - but I'm thankful I can come on here and know you all relate to what I'm going through.
    Thanks girls!
    Truly.
    xx
  • hey welcome hun and sorry to hear about your miscariage. we all no how your feeling and everyone on here have been great to me so ul find that were always here for you. i too had a missed mc end of february and went on to have ERPC... my 1st AF arrived 5 weeks after the ERPC so im actively trying again now..
    Seding u lots of baby dust xxx
  • Hi Koi,

I just wanted to say welcome and hope that you'l find the support of this forum as geat as I have done in the last few weeks - it's been a massive help to be able to see that everyone on here feels the same as you do.

Really sorry to hear about your experience but know we will all be here for you

Lxxx