Forum home General Chat General chat

Happy Valentines Day

I know I am slightly early but I won't manage to get online tomorrow before we head off for the day so I thought I would wish you all a Happy Valentines Day and hpe that your other halves spoil you rotten!!

I am fully aware that there will be no cards, no flowers and no chocs for me, so spare me a thought!!!! I'll just go an sob into my hankie whilst singing my worm song....

No body loves me,
everybody hate me so I'm going down the garden to eat worms,
Long thin slimey ones,
short fat furry ones
Gooey gooey gooey gooey worms.........

Replies

• Ahh Caroline at least you've sent a card though!!!

I mentioned valentines to Gillan tonight and his reply was 'oh s**t, i knew there was something else i needed at the garage'!!!!!

I know i've said we're not doing valentines but i've got him a card and it's my perogative to change my mind!! hehe

I hope you all get quite righty spoilt!! enjoy! xx
  • Tell Gillan that I said that you deserve better than garage forecourt flowers!!!!

I would love to find that Gareth was fibbing and has sent flowers after all but I think I have more chance of Steven Gerrard turning up with 12 red roses!!!!!
  • Oh i should't think he meant flowers just the card!!

I had thought that perhaps Gareths just teasing you too so i have my fingers crossed for you!!

Take care x x
  • Well ladies, my hubby and i were supposed to go out for diner with some friends (i guess romantic valentines for couples only is only 4 teenagers these days!!!) but somehow everyone suddenly got busy and so it is postponed to saturday!!!

i'm so upset because I might not be able to catch up with our cyber party then! I'm already having trouble catching up with the new posts everyday, so how left behind would i be after the cyber party I wonder. Besides really looking forward to chatting with aqll of you.

Samiha
  • Hi Everyone!
    I still love valentines day! Even though Im not sure I will get anything!! I've only got my OH a card, what do you buy a man anyway for valentines day!!! Just remember its mothers day in a couple of weeks so we all deserve to be thoroughly spoilt then. I don't know why im so happy! OH been awake all night sick and with a dodgy tom, Been up with Luka since 5am, and now Tom up crying because his hair isn't long enough to gel up for the disco tonight!!! The joys of parenthood!
  • Sorry to rub it in girls but James has really surprised me this year. We normally only do cards as it's my birthday next week and now we have Charlotte's on the 13th as well, but last night he came in with a dozen red roses and a card!! He said, " see i can do surprises!!". My jaw nearly touched the floor!!

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to you all.

Zoe xx
  • Just another normal day in this house! Tony does not do valentines day, but for some reason i always get him a card!
  • Oh Zoe that's lovely i'm glad you've been spoilt you deserve it!!!

Simone, it's the same here but i don't mind however if he misses our wedding anniversary there will be BIG trouble!!! x x x
  • nowt here, can i join you caroline???
  • how wonderful, lucky you. Thats great. My hubby has some kind of sickness bug. So i've been out the house all morning. just got back from toddler group and no huge bouquet not even a card!!! Never mind. Just another normal day! Maybe he will surprise me when he feels better. I did get a free pot of plum baby food in the post which was a lovely surprise as thats really expensive!
  • We're not doing anything special tonight, although i may cook something nice for dinner.
  • That's what we're doing Dawn just having a nice dinner, and we both fancied sausage egg and chips!!!! Really naughty but yummm!!!!!
  • Well i will be sat on my own again tonight as partner will be working, so might try and find a nice slushy film to watch!
  • One night, after the couple had retired for the night, the woman became aware that her husband was touching her in a most unusual manner.

> He started by running his hand across her shoulders and the small of her back.

> He ran his hand over her breasts, touching them very lightly. Then, he proceeded to run his hand gently down her side, sliding his hand over her stomach, and then down the other side to a point below her waist.

> He continued on, gently feeling her hips, first one side and the other.
    > His hand ran further down the outside of her thighs. His gentle stroking then started up the inside of her left thigh, stopped and then returned to do the same to her right thigh.

> By this time the woman was becoming aroused and she squirmed a little to better position herself. The man stopped abruptly and rolled over to his side of the bed.

> "Why are you stopping?" she whispered.

> He whispered back, "I found the remote!"
  • Hehehehehe Simone!!!!!!

Hope you manage to find a nice film to watch!!
  • Ha ha simone that made me laugh.

Ian and i aren't doing anything and havent even bought each other a card. I kind of dont believe in valentines day because personally i think it is sometimes too over the top.

My sister on the other hand bought her ex last year a playstation for valentines. She had only been seeing him a few months and they have split now. I dont think he got her anything either.

x
  • My OH just surprised me..he had bought me some nice underwear. It fits and I actually like it, im amazed!! Like the joke Simone, v.good!
  • Hi everyone. I got a lovely card from hubby and he got me a really different present. This is going to sound weird - he bought me a huge onion and a poem he found:

Not a Red Rose or a Satin Heart

I give you an onion
    It is a moon wrapped in brown paper
    It promises light
    like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
    It will blind you with tears
    like a lover
    It will make your reflection
    a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful

Not a cute card or a kissogram

I give you an onion.
    Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
    possessive and faithful
    as we are.

There's more but you get the picture.... Different but romantic and certainly unique! Better than a bunch of roses I think, shows a bit more thought.
  • Zoe thats lovely.

Just poseted else where but adi suprised me with a love heart(the sweet love hearts)only this one is solid silver and says i love you.Something that will last a lifetime.(shame i cant eat it)hehe!
  • Wow emma that sound really wonderful how thoughtful!!!
    I hope you're having a nice day x x x