Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ovulation question

:\?
Hey Girls-

am now a few days late for af and not feeling much like it is going to happen. I have been using clearblue digital ov testing kit for the last 3 months and it has never shown an LH surge yet. I know i do ovulate as i am ttc baby no 2! I have heard some people say that if your LH surge is short you may miss it by only testing once a day? Trying to hold off doing a pg test as am really reluctant to gets hopes up as this has been a much anticipated 2nd baby. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Any advice would be great!

xxxxxxx:\? :\)

Replies

• hiya jellybaby, what contraception were you on b4 ttc this time? how long ago did u come off? coz my pill stopped me from OV for almost 3 months after finishing taking it? but i still had AFs, randomly? thinking it may be that. if not i would say u are probably missing it, as u only test once a day, i think ur supposed to do it 3 times a day??? not 100% tho xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • hey- i was on the oral pill- stopped it 7 months ago. Thanks for the advice though- think this is worse than first time round because everyone keeps saying the got pregnant first time when trying for their second! Very frustrating!! xxxx
  • hey- i was on the oral pill- stopped it 7 months ago. Thanks for the advice though- think this is worse than first time round because everyone keeps saying the got pregnant first time when trying for their second! Very frustrating!! xxxx
  • awww how annoying! i think u have just missed it then hun, maybe test a few more times a day? good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • well still nothing!! Any other thoughts welcome girlies- think i may test tommorrow just to put mind at ease xxx
  • I've used opks this month for the first time and apparently I havent ov'd using them, but I know from the pains & ewcm that I've had that I DID ov, so I figure I wasnt testing often enough or at the right times of day - we're also TTC#2 so I know I ov as well.

Frustrating isn't it?! I tried to chart my BBT as well but with a lo I was never up at the same time so that didnt work either! Ho hum! Think I will stick to bd'ing when my body tells me to instead of the opks otherwise i might be waiting forever!
  • thats good to know- seems to be lots of folk certain that they do when tests say they have not- oh my dont want to get hopes up but now approx 3-4 days late!!! fingers crossed - not told hubby as dont want to dissapoint- woudl be so lovely to spring that on him!!!