Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

deleted

deleted x

[Modified by: *me* on 15 April 2010 09:58:53 ]

Replies

• Hi only have a 4month old baby but how about a puzzle book or something can think of anything else that would be cheapish and small!
  • mmmmm puzzle would be good! thanks. i did think books, but then thought o dear what books to get! i dont have a clue! lol xxxxxx
  • Hi, my daughter is 8, for her party bag at our wedding last year i put in one of the mini polly pocket dress up type dolls (i think it was around ??5 from tesco). but i also bought little colouring books that they all got and they really enjoyed them.

I also got the venue to put a little table in a corner of the room and threw colouring sheets (printed off the nickelodeon and other cartoon websites, crayons and pipe cleaners/non messy modelling bits and pieces. All the kids loved it!

My little boy who was four got cars.

Maybe have a quick dash to toys r us, they do lots of cheap bits and pieces that might give you an idea. Filing that, have a quiet word with the parents and ask their opinion.
  • thanks that sounds gret clareabella.... anyone got anymore ideas? i wil email parents too xxxx
  • i had loads of kids at mind and we did goody bags for them,the best thing they got were the top trumps,they played with them all night in the corner,some i got for 99p on ebay and you can get them things there interested in,i even have photos of them all playiing with them so the parents got peace lol
  • what about mini hairbrushes and bobbles for the girls and those paper aeroplanes for the boys. Also bubbles are always a winner no matter what the age. x
  • How about giving them little tasks to do? write the older ones a list of things they have to get off people, or things like 'find out what the best mans favourite colour is' 'what table does sos and so sit on' ???
  • YEAH GREAT IDEAS GIRLS THANKYOU SO MUCH!
  • we had a quiz at the table and the older kids did get involved in that,maybe make up a kiddy type quizz,ie name all the 7 dwarfs etc x
  • oh yeah, bubbles! they work a treat - word of warning though - the adults WILL pinch them lol!
  • G/C!
    I bought my bridesmaid a photo album and camara set. The album tells them what to take a photo of on each page i.e. a picture of the bride, a picture of the cake etc. Kept her amused for ages. I think the website was called 2 little boys.

Serena
  • G/C!
    I bought my bridesmaid a photo album and camara set. The album tells them what to take a photo of on each page i.e. a picture of the bride, a picture of the cake etc. Kept her amused for ages. I think the website was called 2 little boys.

Serena
  • Hi my eldest is nearly 7. He LOVES doing any kind of tasks like Mrsclareabella suggested. Makes him feel very important. However he would also happily sit and colour in or play with toy cars still. Dot to dot books are great for that age too.

Jacqui
    xx
  • ooo im loveng this thankyou so much everyone!
  • i was gonna leave out a 11 yr old, coz i thought he would be too old, or do you think he would rather be involved too? xxxx
  • I think you should include him. although at that age they like to think they are all grown up they still want to receive things and will probably happily join in (so long as they still look cool!!!) Perhaps a challenging puzzle book and all kids will happily accept sweets!!

Jacqui
    xx
  • yeah, def still include the 11 year old, but for that I would definately speak to the parents to ask what would keep him amused.

Enjoy it! Putting the party bags together for the kiddies at my wedding was my fave part - i was actually disappointed when some of the parents said they were getting a childminder so they could have a 'day off' lol

Cx
  • all sorted thanks girlies! x