Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Help with pushchair choice please!!

Hi there everyone,

I am in need of some serious help in deceiding which pushchair to buy, I currently have the Mutsy urban rider and although my little boy is only 11 weeks old I know I have made the wrong decision buying this, I think it was more of an impulse buy, don't get me wrong it is a lovely pushchair but just not for us. I have deceided to sell my mutsy and go for something more lightweight and easier to manage in the car, on buses etc. I have been really keen on the new Bugaboo Bee plus but have also been looking at the icandy cherry and norton storm and just don't know which one to go for, if anyone can shed any light for me on these pushchairs and how they find them I would be very grateful indeed, I really don't want to make another wrong decision again.
Many Thanks in advance,

Dannii & Harley 11 weeks 3 days. x

[Modified by: xDANNIIx on 13 March 2010 22:25:57 ]

Replies

• Icandy cherry is a very good option it light weight travel system only 5.5kg which is the same as a stroller. carrycot is smaller than average size so you might find that you wont get a long life out of it but pushchair takes a 4 year old very easy.

Bugaboo bee plus weighs about 7.7kg and folds down all in one (unlike cherry where you have to take the seat unit off to fold) But seat unit is very low to the ground so getting child in and out of pushchair can cause some back problems. seat unit will take a 3 year old.

Both will take maxicosi car seat but best thing is to try before you buy and make sure it suites all your needs.
  • We have the icandy cherry and absolutely LOVE it. It's so light and manouverable, really easy to fold down and fits easily into the boot, and I don't have a big car. We are using the carrycot at the moment so have no experience of the pushchair. I am a real weed, but I can easily lift the wheels to put into the boot. I would recommend it a thousand times. image
  • we've gone for a Jane Nomad Pro Matrix Cup
    Travel System. i'm really happy with it but haven't used it properly yet as baby isn't due till july!