Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

anyone been late for other reasons?

hi everyone again, af a week late today, but two weeks ago i did two poas and got v v faint lines then two days after nothing, i have cramps, sore breasts, dizzyness, bloatingness and a lot of cm, white and watery, i went to doctors last friday as the cramping was bad, she did a test and come back bfn, i am going to see doctors again friday to get checked, but i have just got some tests from shop to try again as i know they will ask if i have done one, as anyone been in the same situation and was i a late late bfp or something else, hope you have some advice girls

Replies

• i have no clue, so sorry im no help hun, but just wanted to wish you luck xxxxxx
  • dont wanna be the bringer of bad news but in december i went through the same thing!

tested 4 days b4 af was due got 3 bfp, started getting bad cramps a week later so went to a&e, they did a test there and was bfn, started bleeding about a week later. the doc said it was an early mc

hope its not the same thing for yoy hun, il keep my fingers crossed for you

xx
  • i have not tracked my ov, but i have never been late apart from when i was expecting my first, i am 30 so it just may be my body changing like you said, i did get a big clump of ewcm last week the day my af was due, i thought sign of af or ov, i did use a ov stick that day and got a line on boots one but not dark, just to be sure i checked but seam to think it had to be same or darker to say i ov, not sure weather to try a poas again to see if any joy,
  • hi image

Dont want u to lose hope, but I once was late 1 month actually skipped 1 whole cycle for no reason at all !!
  • I have in the past had real trouble with my periods. I was diagnosed with PCOS, im not say that you have it...but that i started to take agnus castus and that has b=made my periods regular. So i could highly recommend that if the problem carries on.
    Like others have said periods sometime miss a month, become weeks late etc due to stress, diet or anything like that.
    Good luck hunny xx
  • hay hun, im totally with you xxx i should have come on , on the 20th of march and still no af, and no bfp either xxxx i havent been to the docs yet as they cant give me appointment yet ARGH!!! ruddy docs, fingers crossed for you xx with my first bub i didnt get a bfp till i was 8 weeks gone xxx
  • gosh im late all the time for no reason,i was always 'normal' then in 2009 my cycles went all over the place and first was 2 week late,loads of things can be a factor tho x
  • thank you ladys, i am going to do a test in the morning, as the doctor will ask if i have done one on friday when i go, i am still getting these pains down low on the left hand side, which is the main reason i am going to see him, had this since easter weekend, then i will ask about me being late again, i am thinking that this pain may have something to do with it, or i like you lady are saying my body is just messing me around, just a pain when you dont know what is going on with it all,
    Hope you all get your BFP soon,

• thank you ladys, i am going to do a test in the morning, as the doctor will ask if i have done one on friday when i go, i am still getting these pains down low on the left hand side, which is the main reason i am going to see him, had this since easter weekend, then i will ask about me being late again, i am thinking that this pain may have something to do with it, or i like you lady are saying my body is just messing me around, just a pain when you dont know what is going on with it all,
    Hope you all get your BFP soon,

• Any updates?
  • tested this morning and bfn, so just the doctor to see tomorrow about this pain, which i as hoping was implantion pain, i just want af to come then we can start again
  • I had this same thing happen to me in december!!
    Was due on boxing day and felt strange before i was due so i was like i think im preg and sure enough i didnt come on my period.
    I left it 2 days then tested but bfn, took a further 5 more tests and all bfn and still no AF so went to the docs who also done a test and that also was bfn, Finally come on 11 days late and that was only small and short, not like my normal ones.
    So was very confused indeed.
    Doc tok a swab and sent me for scans which all come back ok.
    She gave me some tabs and said it sounded like bowel spasms and sure enough i am now ok.
    My dec, jan and feb cycles were all late and then my march cycle was 5 days early.
    Im currently in my 2ww.
    Hope all goes ok for you
    xx emma xx
  • Hi
    G/C from DIN
    I had pretty regular cycles at 30/31 days then had a random 35 day cycle a couple of times and really though it was my turn, it wasn't. It made me get a CBFM so I could be sure when I was actually was oving. I then had a 36 day cycle when I actually got my BFP - which if I hadn't had the CBFM - I'd have BD'd way off my actual ov date.

So to summarise - you could be having an irregular cycle - which happens even when you've been regular before then.
    Fingers crossed for you.

CTBxx