Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Shh....1 week wait :lol:

Yey am on another 1ww how exciting :lol:

I promise not to poas until af late. :lol:

I wanted to ask If I do happen to get my BFP I am due to go on holiday in 4 weeks so what would be the things NOT TO DO on holiday (just incase) apart from the obvious not drinking or taking ice etc

I like to be prepared image

xx

Replies

• oooh, I'm interested in this too.
    I go away next week and am hoping for a bfp the day/day after we go. I hadn't heard the thing about ice....thought ice abroad was OK as long as it the proper bagged supply stuff? I was get a dicky tummy on hols so will have to be extra careful what I eat. We are going to Croatia. Where are you off to?
  • Hi Loobylou,

We are going to San Antonio Bay in Ibiza for our 1st wedding anniversary (just me and hubs) am even leaving my phone at home ha ha!! as I normally have my phone or my laptop.

I just want a break from everything its been a bit of a tough year with one thing and another and at times I have felt on the edge with it all especially with ttc.

Yeah I thought I would pop this question on as am not even sure what you can/cant eat but its buffet style food so i need to be aware of what I can/cant eat.

Am not testing until 8th May but go on hol 26th May xx
  • I know what you mean about phones/laptops etc. I work in the media, so its sometimes hard to switch off, but when I'm abroad I make a really determined effort to switch everything off and stay away from everything that could remind me of work.

I think I'm just going to play extra safe and try and avoid anything which could be a risk until I know where I'm at, then if I get my bfp I'll have to carry on playing it safe or if AF comes, booze and lots of seafood here I come. Think if I pregnant would almost turn veggie for week as I think its safest option - no chicken, meat, seafoods, cream - anything that is prone to food poisoning I guess. At least there is usually a few options to choose from on buffet style - we went to Cuba last year and it was pretty good.

I really hope you get your BFP before you go. Sure it will be special anyway, but even more so with a little bean to take with you x
  • If not I should be ov again by time I go so maybe come back with an anniversary bun in the oven lol.

Yeah you too, hope you get your BFP and have a fab time in Croatia

xx
  • Best of luck SD and have a lovely hol!!

Id avoid shellfish incause its not cooked properly or been frozen and not defrosted properly. Watch out for undercooked meat and water obs. Be careful in the sun as your skin could get more sensitive. I think you'll be ok other than that, nothing else jumps to mind...!!! All the best, enjoy some R&R!! What day you testing? xxx
  • Hey SD wanted 2 say have a great hol, was going 2 ask where u were off 2 as im off in 2 weeks too, we're going to Lanzarote image fingers crossed for u xxx
  • Woohhooo I wish you all the luck in your 2ww! no naughty early testing, hehe, although i can talk. :lol:

Roll on my anniversary too in 16 days! Cant wait to get away from work!

MPP
    xxx
  • Good Luck SD

And congrats for your 1st anniversary

Keep my fingers crossed for you x

gembags xx
  • Hi all

Not testing until Bank Hol weekend I should be 16/17 dpo by then hubby on a stag do in Leeds so maybe should wait until the monday as he will want to be here.

I have to say zero symptoms so not looking very hopeful image

xx
  • Hi all

Not testing until Bank Hol weekend I should be 16/17 dpo by then hubby on a stag do in Leeds so maybe should wait until the monday as he will want to be here.

I have to say zero symptoms so not looking very hopeful image

xx