Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My c-section birth plan

Hello ladies,
I've worked on my birth plan thanks to you ladies! I think it's fairly straightforward! Sorry it's in capitals. I wrote it like that whilst I was thinking and now it's too much hassle to change back! Hopefully getting my date tomorrow so I wanted to have this clear before then! If you ladies see anything I've missed, please let me know! xx

Where do you want to have your baby? CIUDAD JARDIN PRIVATE SURGICAL HOSPITAL

Who should be present / waiting in recovery? MY HUSBAND, JOAQUIN.

FOR THE C-SECTION

??????? EPIDURAL, NO GENERAL ANESTHETIC EXCEPT IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.

??????? I WOULD LIKE THE CATHETER TO BE PLACED AFTER THE EPIDURAL PLEASE, AND REMOVED AS SOON AS I AM MOBILE ENOUGH.

??????? IN THE CASE THAT I CANNOT MAKE DECISIONS AND IF THERE S TIME, I WOULD LIKE MY HUSBAND TO BE CONSULTED AT ALL TIMES.

??????? IF THERE ARE NO COMPLICATIONS, I WOULD LIKE HER TO BE PLACED ON MY CHEST AS SOON AS SHE HAS BEEN WEIGHED AND CLEANED A LITTLE (IF ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES).

??????? I WOULD LIKE THE SHEET LOWERED TO SEE HER BEING TAKEN OUT.

??????? I PREFER TO NOT SEE THE PLACENTA.

??????? I WOULD LIKE MY HUSBAND TO COME INTO SURGERY (NOT USUALLY ALLOWED HERE IN SPAIN BUT AM GOING TO ASK!). IF NOT, I WOULD LIKE US TO BE TOGETHER AS SOO AS IS POSSIBLE AFTER THE BIRTH.

??????? I WOULD PREFER ALL STITCHES (DISSOLVING). I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE STAPLES.

??????? PLEASE ADMINISTER THE VITAMIN K INJECTION TO MY DAUGHTER.

POSTPARTUM
??????? WE WOULD LIKE TO BE ALONE FOR AT LEAST 2 - 3 HOURS AFTER BIRTH MY HUSBAND, DAUGHTER AND I (ONLY MEDICAL STAFF WHEN NECESSARY, NO FAMILY VISITS ALLOWED).

??????? UNLESS STRICTLY NECESSARY, I DO NOT WISH TO BE SEPARATED FROM MY BABY.

??????? IF SHE MUST BE REMOVED FOR ANY REASON, PLEASE ALLOW MY HUSBAND TO ACCOMPANY HER.

BREASTFEEDING
??????? I WOULD LIKE TO TRY BREASTFEEDING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF I CAN, I WOULD LIKE SKIN-TO-SKIN CONTACT IN SURGERY BUT UNDERSTAND THIS MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE.

??????? WHILST I AM BEING STITCHED OR AM IN RECOVERY PLEASE DO NOT GIVE MY BABY ANY BOTTLES / DUMMY.

??????? ALL PAIN-RELIEF ADMINISTERED MUST BE COMPATIBLE WITH BREASTFEEDING PLEASE.

[Modified by: Mitxi and El Bumpo on 26 April 2010 21:09:56 ]

Replies

• Hiya x I'm also on same forum as you, due in may x I'm booked in for my first CS next Thurs with our 3rd baby. Your plan looks great, I was wondering whether or not I could still prepare one, but now I know!! It seems like you've covered everything x fingers crossed we get the deliveries we want x
  • looks fab, just how i would want mine x

good luck!
  • ur plan looks great for an elective/planned, but just wanted to add if there is any partcilular music/song u would like played u can also request this, all surgeries tend to have music in the back ground, so is very rarely a problem, but best to have it on ur plan if u want that, u can either take a cd of the music or ur ipod + speakers/dockingbay xxx
  • Thanks ladies, and thanks WowBaby for the suggestion! I'll add it in!
    I based my plan on information shared by Mrs Chaplic who also took her inspiration from Mrs Setters' birth plan. So I decided to do the same as I found it very useful!

Rainbow - I've seen you on DiM but I didn't know you were having a section too! How exciting, not long to wait for you then

I've had my appointment today which went well. And I will be a mummy in less than two weeks! 10th May is the likely date now (could be 11th but due to emergency scheduling). Cannot wait to meet her!
    xxx
  • Not long now eh Mitxi!

I'm in tomorrow so I'll try and get back on and do a birth story for those of you who are having electives...
  • No, not long! I can't wait.
    You must be excited, nervous and everything all rolled into one going in tomorrow already! I've already said on DiA but once more good luck, it'll be great! And when you're ready we'd love to hear your story I'm sure
    ((HUGS))
    xxx