Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

High Chairs

Hi all...

I dont think I have seen a similar post so I was just wondering has anyone bought a highchair yet??

Which ones would you recommend as Im having great trouble deciding!!

Thanks ladies....

Carly xxx

Replies

• i have still got mine from ds3 i have the i love my bear one from babiesrus it reclines and has 5 diff hights ive had no trouble with it toula enjoys being in it too x
  • I'm happy with the fisher price healthy care hihgchair. Its got a removable tray, padded seat, different height settings and its easy clean. Good value for about ??70 on amazon.

I wanted a tripp trapp but got this one because it was 4months + rather than 6+- also tripp trapp doesnt come with a tray so the baby actually has to sit at the table which isnt very good for us.

I figured that the fp healthy and chicco polly are very popular for a reason adn you cant really go wrong with iether of these.

The ones to match your own interior are lovely but horrendously expensive!

xx
  • I bought one from Ikea. It is great in that it is so easy to clean. I bought the cushion to go with it as well. I also like it because it fits well in a modern kitchen and isnt too obtrusive. The downside is that because its so light I need to hold it when taking the tray off to get him out. But for ??14.99 its a bargain!
  • I agree with Sim, I love the IKEA one http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79823976 I had the same one for my older children, and couldn't fault it. I was given a very plush looking highchair by a friend, but I can't bear it! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=270540816011

I have ordered the IKEA one, and it's being delivered next Wednesday- can't wait! x
  • Hiya I have the FP Healthycare one also and its fab! Obviously its the only one I have tried so I would say that but I find that Conall's really comfy in it with lots of padding and I like all the different heights and seat recline.

Also the tray can be easily removed which is good for cleaining up any mess! x
  • We went with a chicco one out of the Argoose catalogue not a bad price and LO seems more than happy in it.
  • have one from last lo good in sense it reclines and changes height but its bulky and we've put a table in kitchen and no room for it to be up all the time so may get one that fixes on table or something but he needs to be bit bigger and sitting better for one of those!!!