Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When to start Bouncing on the ball??

I am 35 weeks and i purchased a Yoga Ball. When do i start 'Bouncing' on it?

Thanks

Katherine 35 weeks. xx

Replies

• No idea but good luck.

Dx
  • I've just recieved mine in the post and I am bouncing away. I love it. Not sure there are limits to when you should start???? If there are please let me know!!!

I'm 34 weeks today x x x x
  • I don't know when your supposed to start but my friend said she brought hers to hospital with her when she was in labour and her midwife nearly had a heart attack when she saw her bouncing up an down on it. The mw said it was like shaking a bottle of tomato sauce to get the last drop out and the baby would be banging up and down on her pelvis. Apparantly up and down too hard can cause damage and her baby was born with a beep ridge in his forehead. Mw said you should roll your hips backwards and forewards and side to side. I'm sure all the sensible ladies here know this but if my friend hadn't told me I would be bouncy away up and down!
  • My MW said to 'rock' or roll your hips on the ball as opposed to bouncing on it as its more effective.

Anyone else heard this....I'm confused image
  • oooops....glad you told me girls!!! I've been bouncing for Britain on mine!!!!...rocking only from now on!!!

xxxx
  • I am so glad i asked. Remember them bouncy things you had as kids and you hold the ears and bounce the down the road on it... Well thats what i was going to do!! ha ha xx
  • faithie,

I must have been typing as you post was entered. Glad you were told the same thing as there seems to be more bouncers than rockers on here at the moment :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • My mw advised me to use mine from about 36 weeks with my dd, as she said it can help get baby into a better position and help you have a better and quicker labour. My dd was born in 1 hr 34 mins so it worked for me. I also did the same with my 2nd ds and he came in 46 minutes!

So get using it hun, i couldn't have asked my easier births x x
  • i started using my ball from 37weeks with ds as i didn't want to tempt him out any sooner than that...rocking can help put pressur eon the cervix and hopefully start labour, bouncing encourages baby to engage. x
  • I am so glad i asked. Remember them bouncy things you had as kids and you hold the ears and bounce the down the road on it... Well thats what i was going to do!! ha ha xx

space hoppers :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • My mom is worried that bouncing on the ball will hurt the baby. Is this true? I heard it helps induce labor. Im 38 1/2 weeks and trying to get this baby out! Does bouncing hurt the babies brain or head?