Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The Great Sperm Race

Well after reading so many posts about this documentary I thought I had best get on YouTube and watch it....
Amazing programme but it makes the reality of conceiving seem so hard! Best pin OH down every other day to give it our best shot, sure he won't complain mind you ;\) xx

Replies

• LOL i saw it when it was on tv, like a couple of years ago, i remember it being good, but dont remember everything that was said, i think i mite go on and watch it again aswell! good luck xxxxxxxxx
  • I was quite surprised at just how selective and complex our bodies are, go watch it and be surprised at how amazing the whole process is. Hope you got the jackpot with bd'ing last night! xxxx

[Modified by: wildthingv8 on April 13, 2010 11:29 AM]

• hehehehe i hope so too! was just a bit worried coz my CM, changed a bit just before, so when we actually BD'd the EWCM wasnt there anymore image so i thinkin i had just OV'd not sure wether thats good or bad?
  • When was the last time before that?
    Did it change by a lot?
    To be honest I'm not 100% sure, when I was trying for my daughter - who is now 9 - I was quite naive to all of this and didn't take any notice of the science behind it! I'm learning as I go along this time! LOL. xxx
  • Hi ladies,

Don't think i've seen that one, but did see one a few weeks ago that was from conception to birth, telling us all about how the female body fights to not get pg and then actually fights with the bean for nutrients etc.

Was quite interesting.

Hubby doesn't seem to believe how difficult it is, we just started and he thinks we'll be pg by may :lol:
  • it was last night lol, i know i get most of it, but some things still confuse me. thank god for all these girlies on here showing me the light! well i had lots of EWCM yesterday afternoon, THEN bD'D LAST NIGHT, BUT JUST B4 WE bD'd i checked down below, and no more EWCM, it was still a bit juicy lmao (sorry) hahahaa but the cloudy stuff again??? so im thinking i OVd quite qucikly after EWCM? o i dunno, never mind will just wait and see i spose xxxxxxxxx
  • clareabella LOL at hubby! bles men, they always think it will be so quick! mines the same xxxx
  • Clareabella - watch it on YouTube its well worth it and get hubby to watch it too - he'll understand a little bit more, LOL. From what i understand *me* you're fertile for quite a few days on the run up to ovulation - it might have just been a minor change in colour. Are you on the 2WW now?xxx
  • Clareabella - watch it on YouTube its well worth it and get hubby to watch it too - he'll understand a little bit more, LOL. From what i understand *me* you're fertile for quite a few days on the run up to ovulation - it might have just been a minor change in colour. Are you on the 2WW now?xxx
  • yeah maybe? so yes i think i OV'd yest, or maybe today? not temping ro using OPKs, just tryiong to workm out my body by what it does, so i will BD again 2nite just in case lol, so i suppose, i will prob count 2moro as 1 DPO x
  • I'll have a look tonight if i remember wildthingv8, sounds interesting.

All this talk about OV and EWCM is confusing me lol, I never put that much thought into it, my attitude was just to wait and see what happens for now at least! image

Hubby is funny with it. I've entered in the race for life and intend to actually run it, hubby was saying "but you're planning on getting pg, then what will you do?"

When I asked him what he thought the chances of us actually being pg by June he had no idea bless him!
  • Its confusing to me to MrsC, I'd never thought about the science behind things before and it's all so argh at the minute! LOL.
    *me* I think you're doing the right thing by listening to your body. xxx
  • I'm still in the refusing to monitor when i'm ov-ing camp right now lol.
    I think if i got obsessed with it i'd soon lose interest. ha ha
  • I know when I am as my phone does it all for me but I want to keep it fun so I'm not going to get too into it. It would take the passion out of everything for me and the OH. xx
  • just watched this on 4OD, u can watch the whole thing in one go, its amazing anyone gets pg after watching that!!!

Going for every other day and SMEP from cd 10 to give myself a better chance,

good luck everyone x
  • Channel 4 on demand, like BBC iplayer but for channel 4, sorry get head into abbreviation mode when on here! x
  • ah right how do you get channel 4 on demand? On the internet? We've got sky. Sorry i sound like a right ditz! xx
  • yeah on the internet, your not a ditz! image

I had lots of ironing to do yesterday morning and there was nothing on tv (we only have freeview) so I switched the laptop on and watched this instead x