Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First AF after miscarriage?? UPDATED!!!!

Hi Ladies
Just hoping some of you wouldnt mind letting me know what your first af was like. i am currently having stomach cramps and had a little brown spotting yesterday and blood when i wipe sorry if tmi! i used to be quite heavy!! Im just wondering if this is af.Its been 8 weeks since natural miscarriage where i bled heavily so wondering if this is normal??? and can i class it as cd1 or does it need to be heavier ?? Sorry so many questions but just soooo confused and desperately want it to be af so that i can work out cycle. Thanks for reading

UPDATE

Ok girls i am now so confused and upset as i dont know whats happening to me and have really had enough. I was so pleased in a way that i thought AF arrived on sat morn as i had brown discharge and small amount of pink spotting, cramps and sharp pain in my side and yesterday tiny amount of pinky CM when i wipe sorry if tmi and today hardly anything .i just thought i could finally start sorting my cycle out and ttc. What is going on??? I wish af would just come full force if its going to cos i cant work out what this is!!! Someone suggested that it could be implantation bleeding?? What do you think?? And if this is the case how soon can i test??? Please help just getting down about it all now :cry:

[Modified by: leanne79 on 03 May 2010 16:24:54 ]

[Modified by: leanne79 on 03 May 2010 16:33:13 ]

Replies

• Options
    I've just started my first af after mc and OH MY GOD I'm in agony!!!!

The cramps started yesterday lunch time but nothing appeared till the evening and then i have been in agony with the cramps since, i've never had them so bad.
    Mine started very light first when i wiped but then it cam full flow over night so i've counted cd1 as today.

I hope your cramps aren't as bad as mine are xx
  • Options
    Hi Leanne, my 1st period after my ERPC was ok really, bit heavier thank normal and lasted a bit longer, did have some cramping, but nothing major. Perhaps because you bled heavily after your m/c, you first proper AF might take a bit more time to come? Take care. Zoe xx
  • Options
    leanne, i too had a weird af after m/c. I had a d&c on 9th april and was told to expect af 4-6 weeks after.
    I started spotting pink and brown blood and when i wiped last sunday (2 weeks after d&c) and had a day of light bleeding. After that - nothing. My periods too were heavy and lasted a week prior to m/c but my mom said since i bleed a lot and had a d&c that maybe there isn't a lot to bleed and it will come later ???
    As for testing for implantation (thats what i was hoping mine was image), i'm going to take the day of the bleed at cd1 and test as i would have done if it were a normal af.
    Good luck!x
  • Options
    hi glad to know its not just me then!! i m/c in march had what i thought was my 1st af in april 4 weeks after but it was brown and very light but lasted 6 days, i was also normally heavy anyway i think this is af 1 had period pains like i used to have and its a normal red cycle (sorry) so fingers crossed cos i rally want to be pregnant again too!! good luck to you all xxx