Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation sticks

HI ladies,
I've lurked on here and posted a few times, but up until now had taken a relaxed approach to ttc.

But heading into month 12 of trying, have caved and bought ovualtion sticks and am going to make a doctor appt after this cycle.

I turned 30 earlier this year, partner 33 so I am beginning to worry about age being a factor.

Any tips or advice on using them.
Thanks
M x

Replies

• Options
    I started them again this month. Started testing at day 10 as they were cheap and found a positive on day 20-22. Never before tested this late so turns out i ov later than average!! Least i know now. Would be worth testing early for the first month to make you 100% sure you dont miss it. Then I also tried the plan of BD every day other day from day 8 until ov- then 3 days in a row and miss one and last final attempt. Now on to 2ww for me- good luck with them- hope it helps you too!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I think I am missing ovulation too, gonna start testing on day 6 as seem to have a 25 day cycle these days. Good luck in 2ww Jellybaby and fingers crossed MrsHappy25 x
  • Options
    def start earlier than possible as i have been possibly missing my day for the last 5 months by stopping testing too soon!!! thought there was something wrong
  • Options
    def start earlier than possible as i have been possibly missing my day for the last 5 months by stopping testing too soon!!! thought there was something wrong