Forum home Babies Baby

What have you bought for LO you couldn't live without?

I was thinking about this and all the "optional" things we've bought for LO. Some things have never been used but others I really couldn't be without. I thought maybe we could start a list to also post on the pregnant forum to share our experiences!??

I wouldn't be without my...
Sangenic Nappy Wrapper
Maxi Cosi Easy Base / Family Fix Base
Fisher Price Jumperoo
Microwave Steriliser
A buggy which fits with the Maxi Cosi car seat (In my case a Quinny Buzz)

Liz and Emilie 17 weeks

Replies

• Without a shadow of a doubt it has to be my baby carriers (a Connecta and a Rose and Rebellion). I use them every day and Monty loves them.

Cloth nappies (bumgenius pocket nappies) - so easy to use, no landfill, look cute, cheaper than disposables AND we've had far fewer leaks with them from explosive poo!

Just got an Amber teething necklace and so far it seems to be working for him image

Reading over that I sound like a right auld hippy!

Also the jumperoo and a book called "hiccup the Viking" - I've sung myself hoarse doing the Viking song but it always cheers him up if he's having a grump!
  • I wouldn't be without my...

*angel nappy wrapper
    *fisherprice jumperoo
    *baby sleeping bags
    *teddy blankets (the stuffed toys holding blanket)
    *dettol hand gel (there's never anywhere to wash hands properly in baby change places round here!)
    *muslins (my lo likes to use hers as a blanket when she's too hot for an actual one)
    *cot mobile & gloworm (or anything that has flashy lights or plays music in general)
  • we couldnt live without...

babies r us snuggle wrap (we used it instead of a snowsuit in the winter, went in carseat and also in pram as velcro meant bubba was almost swaddled which he loved)
    bouncy chair which lays flat so used from the start with a sheepskin liner
    Jumperoo-used from 12 weeks and he loves it
    Tommee tippee ultimate sensor monitor (he is a tummy sleeper so puts my mind at rest)

Keeley and Rafferty
  • oh yes i'll second the muslins...we must have 20 of them in rotation, he now uses them as comforters as well....blinkin marvellous!
  • oh good thread...
    -my angel nappy wrapper
    -muslin squares
    -m&p swing
    -gro bags
    -her pink toy rabbit that she has to hug for sleep
  • The jumperoo and a bath sponge from Tesco - easier to use / store than a baby bath and far cheaper too!
  • my running buggy
    muslins
    dribble bibs
    sleeping bags
    tots bots bamboozle stretchies nappies
    ring sling
    and of course jumperoo
  • Nice to read so many mentions of the Jumparoo as I'm considering spending the money as sounds worth it from the reviews...still trying to convince myself it's ok to spend that much!
    For me, it's our Angelcare monitor with movement sensor pad - so reassuring.
    I love our pram (M&P Pliko Pramette), as baby girl was so small she's still fitting with room in the pram and sleeps in it downstairs during the day, handy that the car seat clips onto it and will see her through to pushchair stage. Glad we're happy with the choice, it took us long enough to decide!
    xxx
  • Nice to read so many mentions of the Jumparoo as I'm considering spending the money as sounds worth it from the reviews...xxx

boots have some money off at the mo online and mumsnet normally have a few used ones at a good price x

for us it must be the
    jumparoo
    muslins
    night light show
    teething toy isaac the iguana
    clip on dashboard for the pram/car set (loves beeping the old ladies out of the way!)
  • I'll second the m&p pilko pramette, great pram, lo was able to lie flat in it until she was about 5 months and I probably could have pushed it to 6 months but she was wanting to see everything around her.
  • I third the m&ps pliko pramette! I love it, it is so neat and light. my dd also uses it to sleep in during the day. Its also so narrow that i can dodge wheelie bins on the pavement without going on the road when it is bin day! Its also ideal for the bus image

I also love my:

* muslins
    * FP rainforest mobile - it fitted on our crib and now our cot
    * Sleepsheep!

Lx
  • Tummy tub!!

Adam *loves* sitting in there, splashing away! I don't know what we're going to do when he outgrows it! image

When can LOs start using the jumperoo? I'm planning on getting one as soon as we move house and have a bit more room!

xx
  • Oh i second the tummy tub! Don't know i forgot to mention that one! image xxx

• When can LOs start using the jumperoo? I'm planning on getting one as soon as we move house and have a bit more room!

My LO has been in her jumperoo since about 3 months but she's big has has good head control.

I third the tummy tub, Can't believe I forgot that one!
  • Good thread!

Muslins
    Sleeping bags
    RainforestJumperoo
    iCandy Apple pushchair system (AmAzing, she's 7 months & I'm not planning on swapping it for a stroller in the near future!)
    Sophie the giraffe teething toy - expensive but the best thing I've found
    Baby bath (when she could fit in it anyway :lolimage
    Toys - especially crinkly ones!
    Nursing chair
    Books - touchy feely ones (Usborne) are going down well atm!

Hmm that's all I can think of for now xx
  • muslin squares and the happy giraffe bouncy chairooh and my medela swing breastpump
  • muslin squares, she now uses them as comforters also
    our nursery box, so handy for keeping nappies creams, wipes and everything else inside tidied away.
    baby bath support from babies r us, my lo is now 8 months and hates to sit up in the bath! so she is still using this newborn support!
    rainforest swing and jumperoo which she has now outgrown both as shes so big!
    tomy nightlight dreamshow, sleeping in minutes!
    and im sure there is lots more!

• sleep bags
    activity roundabout
    lay down pram/carry cot
    bath seat
    microwave sterilser
  • Quote: clip on dashboard for the pram/car set (loves beeping the old ladies out of the way!) :lol::lol::lol: Oh how I laughed! If only the old ladies would listen image xx
  • Just to answer the Jumperoo question. They can use them as soon as they have head control, but might be a bit small. The box says 6 months though. Ok, let's see. Muslins, light show, microwave steriliser, bouncy chair (although I would have liked a swing, but the chair can be moved into kitchen with me etc.), playmat, travel system and car base. That's all I can think of at mo. xx