Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hello i'm back- need some advice!!!!!

Also posted in pregnancy topic.

I took a month away from here and have been generally more chilled this month. We followed the SMEP, had my smiley and lol got on with the deed!!! Lots!

I have been feeling much better and have not tested early at all!

My cyles are between 32 and 35 days.

I am on CD38 today. I have been trying not to symtom spot as i have had some spotting since Wedsnesday, not every time i go to the toilet. It's a watery light colour.... so i thought AF was on her way the next day, NO AF thursday morning, friday, or saturday or tody!?!?

I have also had really bad headaches which i normally get a few days before AF arrives not this late in the cycle.

So i havent tested but ........
As my hubby has hidden the pregnancy tests i just used a OV predicter test and it came up wth 2 lines straight away???? Does that mean anything?

I have had cramps as well, sometimes i think they are like AF ones but at times they are different. Also had weird twinges down below!??!!?

Do you think i should test tomorrow or leave it another few days? Last months BFP at CD32 was horrible as AF did arrive.

If i test tomorrow i will be CD 39? I have never ever had my AF start so late.

I am trying not to feel or think anything!!!!

And what is this spotting about- did anyone else have this?

Thanks girls!

And hello again- hope your all ok!?!!?Have missed you

xxxx

Replies

• its really hard not to get your hopes up isnt it? i think you've done really well staying so relaxed this month and so i think now you're gonna have to test cos its starting to get to you.
    good luck huni x
  • I am going to test either tomorrow morning or Tuesday morning.
  • ooh, keep us posted; i think you're doing really well staying calm- ive done the opposite and bought a cbfm!! so much for taking the relaxed approach. ive got everything crossed for you xxx
  • Hey hunny, sorry to hear about your last BFP and well done for staying so relaxed this month. The twinges could be due to implantation and your uterus starting to expand to make room for a bean to start growing, and if your spotting really was light its could very well be an implantation bleed. All sounds very positive! Maybe talk OH into bringing those tests out for the morning. If he wont and I was you, id take my FMU to a chemist as some will test for you (some charge some dont). And also if its really starting to bother you, you should find out, essp now AF is offically late!

Good luck, let us know what happens xxxx
  • Thanks for the advice! I guess i am scared to test incase its a BFN....!

xx
  • Hey hun. I think you should test. You've waited past your usual cycle length so you wouldn't be testing early. I've heard that OV tests also detect HCG so it does sound as though you might be pg.

I know it's horrible getting a BFN but I think since you've waited past your usual cycle length, you need to know whether you are or not so you can prepare for your next cycle/pregnancy! Good luck hun x
  • Hi Trying it sounds scarily like me! I got my bfp last month too then 5 days later AF showed up. This month I also got my bfp again - I have everyhting crossed and there is no af yet, I have had my bloods done at the doctors last week too so know that my HCG is heading the right direction this month!

Mrs Hobbs is right OPK's detect hcg as well as LH as they have the same chemical makeup (think of them as identical twins) so opk's will detect either hormone but hpt's will only pick up HCG as the HCG has a 'hat' on which makes it a little different.

I think you should test hun it sounds very promising - Hope to see you in DIJ! :\)
  • Hey, opk's do pick up pregnancy so it's sounding good! I can't believe you've managed to wait so long to test - well done you! I'd have done a dash to the supermarket by now!

Fingers crossed xx
  • I am very scared to test, though my AF has never been this late!

Spoke to a friend and she even thought her AF had arrived.... but she was pregnant. Thats giving me some hope....

I am so scared to go to the toilet lol!

I am surprisingly calm for some reason. Hubby wants to wait till WEDNESDAY to test!!!!!
  • hiya,
    well my first bfp my af arrived 4 days later (but had tested 4 days early), and i got a bfp the month after and i'm now 12+1!
    When i tested i didn't have any tests in and just on a whim used an ovulation test and the control line came up straight away and as dark as the test line, off i popped to tesco and line straight away on tesco own and 2-3 weeks on cbd. i literally then held my breath for the next 12 weeks and like you was petrified to go to the toilet. oh and i had no symptoms at all apart from sore nipples when got my bfp.
    hope this helps xxx
  • hiya,
    well my first bfp my af arrived 4 days later (but had tested 4 days early), and i got a bfp the month after and i'm now 12+1!
    When i tested i didn't have any tests in and just on a whim used an ovulation test and the control line came up straight away and as dark as the test line, off i popped to tesco and line straight away on tesco own and 2-3 weeks on cbd. i literally then held my breath for the next 12 weeks and like you was petrified to go to the toilet. oh and i had no symptoms at all apart from sore nipples when got my bfp.
    hope this helps xxx
  • Its sounding really really positive for you and as you're already late I wouldn't even wait until the morning, I'd just test now!!! Fingers very tightly crossed its your BFP x
  • Hi Hon - just replied to your post on Pregnancy forum
    CTBxx
  • Hi trying - really hope you get your BFP hun this month youve been so patient waiting.

Good luck and I will keep everything crossed for you

xx