Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying smep and preseed

I haven't posted in over a month, but I had to talk to someone. 13 months after my mc and Im still not pregnant. I had laparoscopy in February and my dr said I should have been pregnant by now, so Im pretty close to losing all hopes. If it wasn't for my 3-year-old I would have already been driven crazy!!!! Seeing as Im only 23, it's even more frustrating to know age isn't the issue. I just don't understand why Im not preggo yet. I am not losing all hopes just yet..I decided I will try smep with preseed and hopefully it'll work out for us. I ordered my preseed Thursday and am still waiting for it to get here. I am on CD 9 so I hope it will be here tomorrow. I have read a lot of good things about both of these things together, as just the smep alone didn't work for us and we tried it for 3 months. Has anyone tried these two things together? If so, I'd love to hear some advice. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to use a regular thermometer to track basal temp???:\?

Replies

• heyya hun! unfortunately i'm still here too! image 10 months for me of ttc following my mmc. i don't post much on here as i try to only come on 2-3 times a week as it's all getting a bit much! we kinda try the SMEP too but not exact as some nights when we're supposed to BD one of us might not be in the mood, and if it's not quite OV time i don't see the point! BD is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. lol. i've tried pree seed too but had no luck, haven't tried it every cycle but have heard good things, if i actually get a smiley face this month i will be using it this cycle! i can't do the temp thing cus i always forget and it's too much like hard work! i use a cbfm and got my BFP with this last time. i'm jsut 25 and DH is 29. i've not had a proper cycle where i've ov'd since xmas image have had hormone checks done, scan etc and all fine. so not sure what's up! keep ur chin up hun, ((((((((hugs))))))))) message me whenever xxx
  • didnt want to read and run, just want to say good luck to the both of you! i dont know much about preseed, kinda tryed the smep not to the exact though but did get my bfp so? again good luck sending some baby dust your way ladies!

kari&babes
    13+0
  • Rocky-I am sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel about the whole thing. My cycles have been crazy ever since my mc and I never know when Im going to have one or ovulate for that matter. Infact, I had a normal cycle at the end of April (after waiting two months to get it) and had another full cycle two weeks later! So now were just doing the smep plan without tracking my ov since the tests never worked for us anyhow. Tonight was our first time trying with preseed, and I've even a little confused about that. I don't know if I'll even hit my ov days right within the 9 days (since there's 9 applications of the preseed).And I def know what u mean about not being in the mood, sometimes I feel like ttc so hard takes all the fun out of it too. Maybe we should just "try to put it out of our minds" as everyone says. I really hope you get ur bfp. Thanks for the kind words image

Gussie-Its nice to hear from you again. I'm so glad everything is going great for you! Thank you for the luck, I feel like we might need it this month, as ttc is driving me crazy!!!! Dh and I are taking our first real vacation in September, were going on a cruise to the bahamas, so I figure if I'm pregnant it'll be a wonderful vacation before having our 2nd child (when we really won't get to take another one for a long time) and if I'm not pregnant then atleast I'll get to do the things we want like scuba diving and parasailing. But I am still not ready to give up on trying a little harder just yet. We've decided to give it until August with smep and preseed, and if it still doesn't work then well just forget about it for a while. I can't take too many more disappointments. Thanks again and I can't wait to hear what you're having image. Best of luck to you!!!!!