Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

We upgraded to the cot!

Suddenly noticed that Matilda fills her moses basket - just short of 6 weeks! So yesterday we took her cot apart (it was already set up in the nursery - we didn't really think all this through!) and set it up in our room. We aren't quite ready to put her in her own room as we live in a 3 storey house and our room is on the middle floor while hers is on the top floor (and I didn't quite fancy running up and down to do the feeds!).

It was a success! She still woke at 2 ish and 4 ish for feeds but did go back down until 6 (I normally have probs and bring her in with us after the last feed - I think it's the fact it's getting light by then). Anyway - just wanted to share - we were ready for tears and drama but there were none! image

K x

Replies

• welldone image
    Lara isnt even close to being too big for her basket thankfully, her feet dont even touch the end, likkle thing image
    im sure Lara has a good cuple of months in there still image
    Hope all keeps going so well for you all image
    claire and lara 9weeks
  • Brill!!! Rhea really is getting quite tight in her basket & I want to put her into cot although I still haven't got the balls to do it yet lol.

Hope she keeps it up!

Jayne & Rhea xx
  • well done hun, that is fabulous, Ettie won't even nap in a basket, cot or anything, only ever sleeps on me !

xx
  • Amelia is starting to get a little tight in her basket but I'm holding out on transferring her until we get back from our holiday to Cornwall. That will be when she's 14 weeks and I think we'll be putting her in the nursery.
  • well done hun, that is fabulous, Ettie won't even nap in a basket, cot or anything, only ever sleeps on me !

xx

Glad it's not just me MG. Am feeliung like a total failure on the sleep routine front image
  • We have a crib in our room which initlally we put the moses basket inside but now I try and get Grace to sleep in on its own. Not particulalrly successfully though - I'm lucky to get her sleeping ion her own for more than 20 mins at the moment...