Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi everyone!

Hi,
I don't know if you will remember me, I used to come on here when I was pregnant with Poppy, but havent been on here more or less since she was a few weeks old.
Reason being, 2 of my sister-in-laws both had stillborn babies last year, one of them 3 days before Poppy (my baby) was born, a baby girl called Rose, and the other one in October, a baby boy called Theo. It was so hard as we were all pregnant at the same time, and I spent a long time feeling guilty for having Poppy, a baby I hadnt planned, when they had both planned and desperately wanted their babies, and theirs were not here image
I also got married at the end of last year, so I was so busy with planning that I just didnt have time to chat much on here and BE was forgotten about for a bit.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me re-joining you now?
Poppy is such a contented little baby, rarely cries, and sleeps for around 14 hours a night. She has only just began crawling, and is still pretty tiny for a 10 month old (17lb 9oz)! She says a few simple words and has a great little personality.
My husband wants us to start trying for baby number 5 in th near future, but I am not sure if I want any more or not, so we'll have to wait and see with that one.

I hope you are all doing well - how are all your babies?

Carrie xxx

Replies

• Hi Carrie

It must have been an extremely sad and difficult time for you and your family I really could not imagaine having to go through that.

Lovely to hear from you. I love the name Poppy was on my list, Poppy is dainty, my little girl Lily is 20lb full of chatter but not crawling yet, she sleeps very well and is the apple of her daddys eye and of course mine

Helen
  • Hi Helen,
    Thanks for your kind words - yes it was a hard time, I almost felt guilty for having a baby and didnt want to show her off. At least one good thing came out of it, myself and both my sister-in-laws are really close now.

Glad Lily is doing well, have you got any more children? xxx
  • Hi

Just Lily at the moment we would like to have another baby see how it goes. I am back at work full time now and it is hard going I hate leaving her but we can not afford for me to not go to work!

So heres hoping for a lottery win

x

• Hi bump buddy,

So sorry to hear about all that has happened it must have been really difficult for you. Such a sad time.

Jack is 1 in 3 weeks time and is such a joy. He is crawling...all be it backwards at the moment and is really chatty as well. He is always smiling or laughing. He sleeps 12 hours at night and loves his food, he just discovered raisins and loves them!!

Hugs

Sazzle and Jack xx
  • Aw Sazzle Jack sounds lovely! Poppy started off bum-shuffling, then went on to backwards crawling, then she finally mastered crawling in the right direction!
    She only began crawling a couple of weeks ago, but already she is pulling herself up to standing at furniture and is very strong on her legs when she is up there - she is certainly keeping me on my toes!
    Hope you are well xxxxx