Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my 2nd Growth Scan

Hi All, just an update on me.
Had my 2nd growth scan yesterday, and thankfully everything was ok. Again, like last time, he was called a little fatty by the woman doing the scan!! I suppose thats better than him being underweight though. They think he's around 4lbs 5oz at the moment, so again, thats good. When Ryan was born at 37wks he was just 4lbs 9oz bless him.
We also finally got to meet the consultant. She was lovely but I had a bit of a breakdown when she said all being well she would probably wait to induce me after 39 wks!! After my hissy fit though she agreed to 38wks. Anyway, i've got my next growth scan on the 29th June, and then she said we would discuss the induction again then. She asked me when I would like to be induced and I said 37wks, but she said if all was going well then that would be too early.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you all that my OH asked me to marry him a week gone Saturday. We had talked about it in the past, but it was a complete surprise when he asked me. I've had to have my ring made a little bigger though as it was a bit tight on my swollen finger!!! Just hope it doesn't fall off when i'm no longer pregnant and swollen!!
Hope everyone is well.
Take gud care, Luv kathryn xxx

Replies

• Hi Kathryn,

Big Congrats to you n OH!!! Thats fantastic news, when are you getting married or don't you know yet??? Personally i think its the best thing that we've ever done. Hubby n i got married on Easter Saturday April 09 but have been together for 17 years this Oct (childhood sweethearts) I really wish you all the best, so happy n excited for you!!!

Glad that the growth scan went well and really hope that the consultant will be keeping a close eye on you n lo and when to be induced. I know you're gonna worry about this so much but remember they only want whats best for both you and lo (i know you already know that). Hang on in there, you're doing brilliantly.

Big hugs xxx
  • Hi Sohappy, thanks for the congrats. I don't know when we will get married, hopefully sooner than later. I've been married before but my OH hasn't. Having said that, he was previously engaged for 12 years!!! But as he says, he WILL actually be getting married this time, lol!! Awh, its lovely that you and your hubby are childhood sweethearts, I wish i'd met my OH years ago.
    I've been a bundle of nerves from the beginning of this pregnancy, but because we lost Ryan at 37wks, i'm getting even worse!! Its not like I can get past that milestone, its just a case of getting to it really. I wish they'd induce me now to be honest, i'm going to crack up soon, lol!! Thanks for the vote of confidence though, and i'll try and hang in there!!! Try, being the optimum word!!!
    As always take care, Luv kathryn xxx
  • Really glad the scan went well and sorry you're not going to be able to relax through this pregnancy but huge congratulations on your engagement, how exciting, hopefully that can keep your mind on other things a little whilst you wait for the last few weeks to pass image