Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive

Owch Owch - Bad ovulation pains !! Do you get them ?

I am suffering today ! I have such bad ovulation pains, I never remember them being this painful before !

I took an OPK this morning as the pains were so strong and its confirmed I am ovulating so time for some bd'ing tonight but i am worried it'll be uncomfortable with these pains ! I've taken two extra strong paracetamol but they've not touched it.

Do any of you get painful ovulation pains ??

Replies

• Hey Lambchop. I had terrible ov pains this month, so much so that they made me sick and I ended up sleeping in the spare room as I could not settle. Not nice so know what you are going through. I hoe the painkillers kick in and haoppy bd'ing over the weekend!
  • Funnily enough Sammy I spent all Wednesday night throwing up !! Was awful, hopefully that was just a one off.

Do you feel really bloated during ov time too ?
  • I had it for a couple of nights which then turned into a water infection (I think) so was not feeling good whatsoever. I don't remember feeling overly bloated no, no more than usual, ha!
  • Ahhh just me who blows up like a balloon then ! Happens at ov time and af time for me, very unfair as it means 2 weeks every month i look like i'm 6 months pg !!!
  • Hi ladies
    I don't seem to get any pains but then again I'm not even sure if I ovulate!! I have been testing all month and haven't had one positive ovulation test!! I'm starting to worry about it and I'm not sure what to do. Has anybody else experienced this or do you think the ovulation sticks could be wrong?? I bought them from a shop called Home Health on the internet. x
  • Hi Kelly,

Have you recently come off the pill? When I came of it to ttc my daughter I didn't ovulate for months! I came off it in July 2007, began ttc in oct 2007 but didn't get a positive opk until July 2008 and it was then I conceived my daughter.

If you've not come off the pill how are your cycles generally, are they very regular? Maybe your just not testing at the right time of the month? My afs were all over the place (37 days - 96 days!!) so I used to test every other day from about 2 weeks into my cycle. Now I pick up on some ov signs like changes in my cm which helps me guesstimate when to test.

Dunno if that helps you at all?
  • I get ovulation pain but luckily nothing like you describe, that sounds awful!
    Kelly, I used clearblue ovulation tests when we were ttc our ds but this time I'm using the Home Health ones and they work fine. I'm sorry if thats not what you want to hear. What time of the day are you testing? x
  • Hi ladies
    I came off the pill last May. My periods have been all over the shop!! I have a had a couple of 28 days, but they have been anything between 4 weeks and 7 weeks. It's so frustrating!!
    This month I started testing from about cd11 and have been texting every day. I have been trying to track my cm as well, but (sorry tmi) I haven't had any of the egg white cm, but I have noticed it has been the same throughout my cycle - it has been very wet. I was hoping that something was happening last night because I had real bad pains in my lower stomach and my lower back and my boobs are hurting me now. We've been bedding every other day. My last three cylces have been 6wks 5days, 5weeks 4 days, and my last one was 4 weeks 6 days, so I don't know when af is due this month. It's starting to get me down now!! I have been testing around 4pm, give or take an hour.
    Thanks for your help ladies x
  • It might not make a difference but maybe try testing earlier. I test at 11am usually but always before 1pm and have always got positive results, not that it's done me any good as i'm still not pregnant either!! Good luck, I know how frustrating it is x
  • Hiya, this is my first month off the pill and I have had a positive ovulation test this morning and have really strong cramps which i'm thinking could possibly be ov cramps?

Hope they get better soon lampchops. Good luck with the bd'ing, we're gonna get down to some serious bd'ing too!!!

• Hiya, this is my first month off the pill and I have had a positive ovulation test this morning and have really strong cramps which i'm thinking could possibly be ov cramps?

Hope they get better soon lampchops. Good luck with the bd'ing, we're gonna get down to some serious bd'ing too!!!

• Thanks Goonie - I'll try and test earlier.
    Thanks for the advice x
  • Well the pains lasted just that one day i'm glad to say, we bd'd so heres hoping !

Kelly I was gonna say to test earlier, you need to test when your urine is at its most concentrate. I usually do it on my first or second toilet visit of the day when my daughter lets me get the time in the loo ! Sometimes she gets in a right paddy so I have to just power wee !!! LOL
  • Lambchop, I have had bad ovulation pains a couple of times since we started ttc. I was so uncomfortabe when it happened in my last cycle that I nearly resorted to painkillers, too.
  • Hi everyone I used to get ovulation pains but not to the exyent you do lambchop.... poor you. I only realised this is what the cramps were when we were using OPKs ttc our 1st.
    KellyB have you been using the OPKs for a while or is this your first month? When I was using them before having my DD my GP told me that most women have 2 months of the year where they dont ovulate so dont panic!

Hope you feel better soon ladies.
    xxx
  • Hi - this is my first month. Thanks for the info x