Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Growth Spurt on Bottle? Also in BIM

Hi Ladies x

Lo has suddenly turned into a hungry monster - I just want to see if anyone else has experienced the same as I feel I am suddenly giving her feed far too often, if there is such a thing?

Today for example (and she was like this yesterday evening too) she's had

2 a.m. - 2oz
4.30 a.m. - 3oz
7.30 a.m. - 2oz
8.30 a.m. - 1oz
9.30 a.m. - 1oz

Could this just be a "little and often" need to satisfy a growth spurt perhaps? Is it worth looking at hungry milk (suitable from birth of course)?

Help!!! lol x

Babybelle & Baby (19 days old) xxx

Replies

• My lo went through a growth sprit at around the same time, feeding every hour instead of 3 hours. She put on a lb in a week cause she had so much. She was having 4oz bottles instead of 3. My lo is now 10 weeks & has just had another one. Having her usual 6oz then usually polishing off another 3!!! Bit is still feeding every 4-5 hours now.

Jayne xx
  • It sounds like it could be a growth spurt, they have them quite regularly for the first 6 months I think. I know my little man will down milk for England when he's having a growing phase.

How much does she normally take in one go as I would have thought that she would take more milk not just change how often she feeds. The other thing it may be is that the teat you are using is not fast enough so she is getting tired before she's got enough milk out and then needing more an hour later. Does she go to sleep on the bottle or just had enough after an oz or 2? Obviously I don't know what bottles and teats you are on so could be completetly wrong about this but this is why my lo used to eat little and often. We used TT CTN bottles and teats and he was on the 6mth ones by the time he was 4 months.
  • Hi ladies - thanks for the replies image

Am going to track whats she drinks for a few days just to monitor but looking at the Aptimil guide she's within range really, slightly above average which is ok - maybe just need to let her feed when she wants for now and just keep an eye on how she manages - will be her weigh in on Wednesday so that'll be interesting too image

Mummy - interesting about teats - I use TT CTN too with teats 0+, she's ok normally but if a bit tired or just fussing at the bottle she tends to dribble alot and cough a bit - not sure a way round this though if the teat is too quick withit being the first size? xx

Babybelle & Baby, 20 days